Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vinyl seat mark

Options
  • 01-01-2015 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

This is actually a motorbike seat but I thought I would get better answers here from the hardened detailers.

A parking barrier came down on the back of my bike on the passenger seat a month a go and left the lovely mark in the attached pic on it. It wasnt my fault as the barrier didn't detect the bike due to its size. I could go down the legal route but I'd rather just fix it myself instead.

The seat is matt textured vinyl black and the scratch isn't deep but just changed the matte finish to a light shine. I'm wondering if this can be easily fixed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

What have you tried on it already?

It looks as though it might be something that would, for want of a better word, buff or scrub out. They only thing is, you will probably have to do the whole area, as localised efforts might result in slightly different colours. Starting with something not very aggressive and work your way up. Best to test in an inconspicuous area first if possible, to ensure its not doing further damage. Thinking something like a magic sponge might do the trick, but ensure it wont damage the material before attacking it.

Perhaps try contacting Nolan's - they might be able to advise further!

Advertisement