Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a few querys

Options
  • 01-01-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Today i purchased a printer in Powercity with a one for all card ,i did ask the salsperson whether there was an Ink supplied with this product and he really didnt know so i opened the lid outside and there was one but i returned it straight away asi got a better offer down the road so i went back with printer and had to go to a Help Desk.

The Guy on the desk said to me, oh this has been opened i will have to charge you for opening the product which i explained to him that i would not have opened it if the salesperson could have told me if there was ink in it,

Can he take money of the credit for opening ? also do i have to take a credit note ?

the other question i have is when you purchase an item that has 2 years warranty etc do you have to register your details or is the warranty started straight form the time of purchase from the retailer ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

You should have had powercity open another printer to verify there was ink in it.

I know this doesn't help your situation. But you should never leave a shop unless you are sure you are getting what you are paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

faolteam wrote: »
    Today i purchased a printer in Powercity with a one for all card ,i did ask the salsperson whether there was an Ink supplied with this product and he really didnt know so i opened the lid outside and there was one but i returned it straight away asi got a better offer down the road so i went back with printer and had to go to a Help Desk.

The Guy on the desk said to me, oh this has been opened i will have to charge you for opening the product which i explained to him that i would not have opened it if the salesperson could have told me if there was ink in it,

Can he take money of the credit for opening ? also do i have to take a credit note ?

the other question i have is when you purchase an item that has 2 years warranty etc do you have to register your details or is the warranty started straight form the time of purchase from the retailer ?
    As the printer was not faulty the shop was under no obligation to accept the return. You have no entitlement to a refund, it's purely a goodwill gesture and the shop can impose terms and conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

athtrasna wrote: »
    As the printer was not faulty the shop was under no obligation to accept the return. You have no entitlement to a refund, it's purely a goodwill gesture and the shop can impose terms and conditions

Would that even come into question if i changed my mind or got it as a present but didnt want that make ?

and on the question of warranty : i have is when you purchase an item that has 2 years warranty etc do you have to register your details or is the warranty started straight form the time of purchase from the retailer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Would that even come into question if i changed my mind or got it as a present but didnt want that make

Still no entitlement to a refund

and they can charge for you opening the product ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,084 ✭✭✭✭L1011

and they can charge for you opening the product ?

If their returns conditions have a fee for it, yes. Restocking fees are very common. Remember that they didn't have to take it back at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Was the product missold?

eeguy wrote: »
    Was the product missold?

in the sense that the salesperson could not tell me if there was ink in it and said to me after going off for 10 minutes that he thinks there is

guess if he had told me yes or no in the first place ,i would not have opened it

so i did open it to check

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

in the sense that the salesperson could not tell me if there was ink in it and said to me after going off for 10 minutes that he thinks there is

guess if he had told me yes or no in the first place ,i would not have opened it

so i did open it to check

But even if he said there was no ink I think you would still have bought it. And it did have ink anyway.
    You want to return it as you saw a different offer later. Happens all the time.. buy your beans in Dunnes then see them cheaper in Tesco. The world could not work with your idea of consumer entitlements.

for the advice i appreciate it

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 68,084 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It depends entirely on the product, manufacturer and/or retailer. Most longer than 12 month warranties require registration but not all.

This is only in addition to your statutory rights in the first place.

and then there is a registration in the box i just thought when you purchased it started the warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

and then there is a registration in the box i just thought when you purchased it started the warranty

What's the hardship in registering? Just do it.

What's the hardship in registering? Just do it.

Relax ... Take A Chill

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@faolteam - I think you were already asked by another moderator to stop splitting your posts across the header and body. Mobile users do not see those post headers so they are missing parts of your posts. It's also just a little annoying.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Relax ... Take A Chill

I am perfectly relaxed, I can assure you.

'Tis you who has failed to explain the aversion to registering or why you have a concern or query about it.
    Its a simple process usually.

Ha ha

Advertisement