Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your highlights for 2014

Options
  • 01-01-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

What was your highlight for 2014?

Mine are;
    Ireland winning the Six Nations in BODs last game
    Attending the Kilkenny vs Tipperary All-Ireland final drawn game
    Completed my first job internship
    My new years resolution last year was to change myself a bit and start taking up a few new activities. Proud that I stayed with them and will continue to do so.

Overall 2014 was a mediocre year for me. Started of good but not much really happened me. Glad to have 2013 well behind me now. That was the worse year of my life. Heres to a happy 2015 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

A mix of good and bad.

Built some strong friendships and my relationship with my GF has strengthened.

Have slipped back into depression a bit and have had some frustrating and prolonged health problems as well as gaining weight to the point that I'm bigger than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Slightly more than 12 months ago, but it had to be your man doing the international sign language at Nelson Mandela's funeral.
    LMAO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Waking up one morning and getting ready for work only to realise it was Saturday. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Taking control of my personal pension plan and investing the money myself.
    My bank tried to convince me I was doing the wrong thing, saying they had all the experts and basically who was I to know what I was doing.
    He asked me if I would get a 15% return for the year and he made up how much the company I moved to would charge me.
    Three months later my pension is up over 43%.
    I also get help I should add from an American who is a friend who is a professional trader/investor who gives me good advice for free.

I want to retire when I am 60 and not 68...I feel that 2014 was the start to realising those plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Highlights were;

Passing exams
    Work promotion
    Winning a football championship with my club
    1 year anniversary with the Gf in a relationship which is going very well.

On the negative I've hit massive financial trouble with various loans which I'm trying to work through with all sorts of legal threats coming my way. Overall though the positives outweigh the negatives for me. I have my goals in place for 2015 so bring it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I met the love of my life, but she doesn't know it.

Advertisement