Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought an Item in Arogs New Years Returning Tomorrow No Receipt

Options
  • 01-01-2015 8:15pm

I bought 4 items in Argos and need to return 1 item its UN-opened but I cannot find the receipt.

It was a reversed item do you think they will let me still return the item for my money ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

I bought 4 items in Argos and need to return 1 item its UN-opened but I cannot find the receipt.

It was a reversed item do you think they will let me still return the item for my money ?

Without a receipt Argos will give you an exchange to the current value of the item or a gift card ( provided that the item is not excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee) you will only get a full cash refund with a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If you bought it by card; you can use the card statement as proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What do you mean by "reversed item"? Sorry for asking, but I haven't heard that term before.

If you bought the item by card, or took out insurance, then that can act as proof of purchase. In general though, Argos have a good reputation for returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dudara wrote: »
    What do you mean by "reversed item"? Sorry for asking, but I haven't heard that term before.

I think the OP means they reserved the item

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

dudara wrote: »

If you bought the item by card, or took out insurance, then that can act as proof of purchase. In general though, Argos have a good reputation for returns.

I presume the op means the they used the reserve and collect service. I don't know if this will be sufficient proof as technically it hasn't been purchased at this stage.

• Advertisement

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    If you bought it by card; you can use the card statement as proof purchase.

That's true also but I'm afraid if the op paid cash they will not get cash back without a receipt, the receipt is proof of method of payment.

Thanks you guys will see how it goes tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's worth noting without any proof of purchase Argos (or any other retailer) are not obliged to even exchange or give credit for any item. Particularly as Argos stock items that can be sold in numerous other outlets. It's not like returning an item branded as St Bernard to Dunnes where it is only sold through their stores.

Thanks you guys will see how it goes tomorrow

Once the catalogue number is printed on the box and the item is unused you will be fine for an exchange , unless as I said already it's excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee (camera, laptop). Good luck!

Guess what I found the receipt it was in my other pair of jeans pocket

(Such a dope) got full refund

• Advertisement
Advertisement