Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mk 5 trim levels

Options
  • 01-01-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the difference in the mark V golf trim levels, specifically the Comfortline and Sportline 1.6 petrol models in 2005. Seems to be a lot of contradicting information on the web as to what each model entails, I'm assuming the Irish models are a lot less well specced than the UK models?
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Far as I remember, sportline gas alloys fogs and lowered suspension, where Comfortline gets interior goodies like auto lights/wipers cruise control etc instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sportline came with 16" alloy wheels, lowered sports suspension, fully colour coded bumpers and door handles and sports seats. Electric windows all round.

Comfortline came with 15" alloy wheels, auto lights and wipers, rear auto dimming interior mirror. Semi colour coded bumpers with black inserts and door handles. Electric windows all round, 3 spoke steering wheel, cruise control, front and rear arm rest.

UK models have similar base specs to Irish models.

UK Spec:

S (similar to Trendline)
    SE (similar to Comfortline)
    SE Sport (similar to Sportline)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Sportline also got a leather steering wheel and gear lever that feels infinitely better than the horrible plastic one in the comfortlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sportline also got a leather steering wheel and gear lever that feels infinitely better than the horrible plastic one in the comfortlines.

It does have that alright but has the black trim around the radio heater control rather than the grey. The sportline is nicer finish on the outside but the leather steering wheel and handbrake is about the only thing it has going for it on the inside. On the inside it missing
    A/c
    Lockable glovebox
    Auto lights/ wipers
    I'm fairly sure it doesn't have the upgraded overhead unit with mood lights and sunglasses holder
    grey trim around the radio
    Cruise control

To me the CL is a lot better than the SL for extras but then I suppose it depends what your into in terms of extras. IMO a/c, auto lights/ wipers, cruise control and very useful features to lose.

• Advertisement

A/C was an optional extra on the Golf back in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

was cruise control an optional extra on the comfortlines or was it included as standard?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone , been very helpful :)

And back then they all had grey trim around the dash. It was only in 07 when they did a mild refresh and added air con the both got the silver radio surround.

Unless you get one with a few options either is going to be missing something nice that should have been standard even back then.

domrush wrote: »
    was cruise control an optional extra on the comfortlines or was it included as standard?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone , been very helpful :)

Standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

bazz26 wrote: »
    A/C was an optional extra on the Golf back in 2005.

Ok I thought it was always standard on comfortline my mistake. Just looking there at some 2005 ones and most don't seem to have it.

• Advertisement

Not until late 2006 or early 2007 with the revised trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Bpmull wrote: »
    Ok I thought it was always standard on comfortline my mistake. Just looking there at some 2005 ones and most don't seem to have it.

My wife has a S trim Tdi . No rear electric windows plastic steering wheel, no trip computer or cruise.

Lucky I was able to retrofit a lot of stuff

Advertisement