Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 15 - General Advice, Hints Etc Thread

• 01-01-2015 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread whereby people can post any problems they may be having with a certain aspect of the game and others can advise or offer hints etc. :)

My main problems that I would love to receive advice on are: defending and player switching.

Ever since launch I've had problems defending on this years edition and I have got no better over the last couple of months, and it's not for a lack of practice! If a player is running at me, I'll try to standing tackle and/or hold jockey, but 9 times out of 10 an opponent seems to breeze past me easily. I've often had a situation whereby an opponent just runs from kick off, takes the ball around 3 or 4 of my players and gets a shot in on goal.

With regards to player switching, this seems to be completely different this year compared to previous years. What setting would you recommend? I've tried auto, airballs only and manual, but usually only succeed in taking one of my defenders out of the game when I press L1 or LB, especially in the aforementioned situation when an opponent is baring down on me. Very difficult to get used to IMO.

Also, as an aside, do you have any formations that you always use in online games almost irregardless of the personnel at your disposal and if so, what are they?

Thanks for any help/advice. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paully D wrote: »
    Ever since launch I've had problems defending on this years edition and I have got no better over the last couple of months, and it's not for a lack of practice! If a player is running at me, I'll try to standing tackle and/or hold jockey, but 9 times out of 10 an opponent seems to breeze past me easily. I've often had a situation whereby an opponent just runs from kick off, takes the ball around 3 or 4 of my players and gets a shot in on goal.

Kick off thing is just a major flaw in the game, just like hoofball from kick off was last year. What I do is hang a midfielder back and try and stay in a position that if they run, I can try and get in their way. Not much you can do though other than avoid running at them as soon as they kick off and dragging everyone out of position.

As for tackling, personally, I try and avoid going in hard on anyone. Generally try and send another player to cover whoever has the ball, and try to get interceptions/headers when they pass/lob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Don't dive in and don't randomly mash the standing tackle button immediately when in danger.

When a player is running at you, just hang back slightly and anticipate where he's going to go and perform a well timed standing tackle. Standing tackles/shoulders are useless unless they're well timed. Slide tackles should only be a last resort.

When it's a very dangerous player running at you ala Robben or Bale, do the same thing but call the second defender for help (but be sure to stop immediately if there's another attacker open and running into space)

You should always call the second defender for help if there's no risk involved (not leaving another attacker in a great position) otherwise you have to calculate the risk.

I never bothered with learning to jockey so I don't know how much more of a help that is but I hold my own for the most part in Div 1 on seasons and won the league title a couple of times so I don't think it affects me too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Suffered many kick off goals in the early days. I always position one of my strikers behind my midfielders at kick off and press and hold r1/rt. Works most times. I find flicking the right analogue stick to change players a hell of a lot better than using L1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've started using custom tactics with defensive pressure at 20, it means the players back off and hang deep until I bring them up manually. Haven't conceded a lobbed through ball yet and have only conceded 3 goals in the 10 games I've played since Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Anyone have the bug with transfer budget?

I have about £40m in the bank but only a few thousand in wages. If I try to adjust the slider to allow me to renew contracts, everything goes back to £0. £40m down the drain! I've tried simulating a month ahead to see if it fixes itself but it hasn't. I've then sold a player for £6m to see if the £40m came back but it didn't either.

Google tells me that it has been in previous releases too but I haven't been able to fix it yet. Its ruining my Career Mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement