Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Allowance

Options
  • 31-12-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi

I have a question about claiming Disability Allowance, my wife and our three kids were thinking of moving into a granny flat on my parents property, it was built several years ago and is not connected to the main house, it does not have a separate electrical supply. My dad basically built it so he could take care of his mom and not put her into a home, and now that my parents are pensioners I would like to live near them to make sure they are okay. I am currently getting Disability Allowance with free travel, rent allowance, and household benefits package. I would like to know what I would lose and if my payment would be affected by my family moving into the granny flat. My parents just get the basic state pension and have a medical card, I do not want to affect there pension or medical card in any way. Thanks in advance for the help with this question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You wont get rent allowence and probably loose your household benefit's package too ,

Advertisement