Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational Therapy - LCVP Work Experience / Shadowing

Options
  • 31-12-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm currently in 5th year and considering studying occupational therapy at third level. As part of our LCVP we will be taking part in one week of work experience. Has anybody on here carried out experience / shadowing with an o.t.? Also, is it possible to do so in a hospital?

Also, anyone on here studying the course in Trinity or NUIG? Are you enjoying it and would you recommend it? Is it a mostly female dominated course and is it suitable for male students?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I'm not an OT student but I'm doing physiotherapy in Trinity, which is closely related and we share a lot of lectures. I started college in September 2013 and that year there was only one man on the OT course, and he was a mature student. Not sure about this year, it does tend to be a female-dominated course, but by no means is it the course female-orientated, I can't really understand why guys don't go for it. As for work experience in a hospital, you'll have to check with them individually, but as long as you have your pupil accident insurance (the one you pay €8 for with Allianz for 24 hour cover) , and are over 16 (snagged me when I was in TY :( ), you should be okay :)

Advertisement