Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got a good Jello Shot recipe?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got a good Jello Shot recipe? Looking to blend Captain Morgans and orange jelly to be used in shot glasses. There are ones online, but looking for a recipe that people have used themselves.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I find you never really taste much difference in them as they're not really eaten like normal jelly but rather just slurped down. Any old recipe should do the trick, tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Follow the jelly-making instructions; add alcohol to taste.

I wouldn't worry too much - they're hardly made to be savoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You got me wrong; too little jelly, and they don't set, too much jelly, and it's not easy to get it out of the plastic shot cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Found one recipe from a mate;

Strong;
    Half the water it says on the pack and a shoulder of (drink).

Very Strong;
    After the above one worked, I made another with less water;
    100ml of water + the jelly into bowl, and blast it for a minute in the microwave. Totally liquidates it!

Quick stir, and then lob in 530ml of whatever, stir, and put into the shot containers. Less water, more alcohol.

=-=

Both types set in an hour in the freezer.

The second set is VERY STRONG. Tastes nice, though. As I had ran out of the Captain Morgans for the 2nd set, I threw in 180ml's or Southern Comfort.

Orange Jelly and Captain Morgans is very nice on it's own, though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement