Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 31st

Options
  • 31-12-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭

It's Only Business surely has a very good chance in the 12:40 at Lingfield today. Horse is 3 from 5 at Lingfield, winning last year off marks of 58, 60 and 69. Today sees it back down to 55 after winning a few races over hurdles. This looks to be a fairly uncharacteristically strong class 6 however, with favourite Investissement also surely far too good for this kind of grade winning at 95 previously. It's Only Business 9/1 Paddy Power, also going to do the forecast with the favourite to cover myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Are Uttoxeter and Warwick off today? There are no markets for them on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Artemis worth a score in the last at Lingfield today 8/1. Won easily last year off only a pound lower, well beaten second won her next two handicap starts, and she just failed in a three runner race next time under a penalty finishing a nose behind National Service who I still reckon is far better than this mark. Has ran better than the bare result last couple of starts and should be fitter for last time when probably needing the run returning from a break. Not a big bet by any means but 8/1 is about 3 points bigger than I thought she should be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Are Uttoxeter and Warwick off today? There are no markets for them on PP.

Both off due to frost.

Meydan is also on today from 2.10. Pat Dobbs has some fairly useful rides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Muhtaram in the 3.20 at Meydan looks worth a small punt looking at the prices. Going for a hat trick and SDS up, who got a couple of winners here last time.

Kind of surprising to see The Job is Right back out so quickly having finished 4th in the Paddy Power Chase on Saturday. Fancied according to the market this morning (9/4). Runs @ 12.45 at Punchestown.

Bit of the gamble going down on one of Ed Walkers horses at Lingfield. Glorious Dance in the 13.10. 10s into 11/2. Jockey (Antonio Fresu) has had 2 wins from 35 rides this season. A shoe in so. A late jockey change perhaps :)

Jennies Jewel is the stand out bet for me in the 13.45 at Punchestown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

It's Only Business surely has a very good chance in the 12:40 at Lingfield today. Horse is 3 from 5 at Lingfield, winning last year off marks of 58, 60 and 69. Today sees it back down to 55 after winning a few races over hurdles. This looks to be a fairly uncharacteristically strong class 6 however, with favourite Investissement also surely far too good for this kind of grade winning at 95 previously. It's Only Business 9/1 Paddy Power, also going to do the forecast with the favourite to cover myself.

So are you thinking
    Investissement
    Prime Exhibit
    Bennelong

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Toast in the 13:10

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

First post go easy on me...!

e/w lucky 15

Heavenly Brook 1.15 punch
    Saddlers Risk 1.45 Punch
    Hannahs Magic 2.15 Punch
    Kileena House 2.45 Punch

2 decent e/w bets on Hannahs Magic & Kileena House as i liked both of there last runs

first on in!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bog warrior out to 9/4 now

drift putting me off but that's a hell of a price

• Advertisement

thinking the same. I've gone in with him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sorry to derail thread but are the bookies open tomorrow ?
    I know they are closed on one busy day in the year but not sure is it New Year's day or a day over Easter
    sorry again

oh Also think Kileena House E.W in the 2.45 is not a bad bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

First time poster in the racing forum but have been betting for a while.
    I picked Jennie's Jewel last night on 7/2 - odds shortening now (15/8) whilst Bog Warrior is 9/4. My reckoning was that the runs that Jennie's Jewel has had over the past few months will stand to her better than Bog Warrior who hasn't raced since June

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    I know they are closed on one busy day in the year but not sure is it New Year's day or a day over Easter
    sorry again

Should be - there is a day full of races tomorrow so doubt they will close

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    sorry again

open tomorrow
    they do close easter sunday alright

mailburner wrote: »
    bog warrior out to 9/4 now

drift putting me off but that's a hell of a price

feck that 5.5 on the exchanges
    sorry I bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

mailburner wrote: »
    open tomorrow
    they do close easter sunday alright

THANK YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Utterly disgusting for anyone who backed Bog Warrior. Favourite falls and it still comes nowhere after drifting massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Utterly disgusting for anyone who backed Bog Warrior. Favourite falls and it still comes nowhere after drifting massively.

I'd usually be cynical as it's a high classes horse trained by Martin....and this time is no different!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Looks like Saddlers Risk is gonna be thrown out! Jockey weighed in 4lb light. Hellberemembered backers hold your tickets

• Advertisement

rancid

Shocking stuff by the jocks in the 2-15 letting Condon get such a lead.

Petite Parisienne definitely the one to take from it

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Looks like Saddlers Risk is gonna be thrown out! Jockey weighed in 4lb light. Hellberemembered backers hold your tickets

Weighed out 4lbs light!

That was another shocker. I know Davy Condon has had a hard time and is only getting back, but to gift him the race like that was a total disgrace.

must be great being in the know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Clark of the course gave saddlers risk the wrong weight!
    How much had he on:O

mr.jingle wrote: »

Weighed out 4lbs light is what I heard. Which would be mean that he shouldn't have been allowed run. Farcical.

STB. wrote: »
    Weighed out 4lbs light!

That's what I meant just put in by mistake! Shocking stuff.

That was another shocker. I know Davy Condon has had a hard time and is only getting back, but to gift him the race like that was a total disgrace.

This is not the first time that there has been a race among the stables for a common owner!

• Advertisement

No favourites winning yet today, so I'm going to throw three together for a big win. Shyron the NAP out of all those, can't see that being beat.

Ling 2:40 - Shyron 7/4
    Ling 3:10 - Stormbound 7/2
    Punch 3:45 - Bonny Kate 6/4

1 unit to return 30.94.

Advertisement