Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SECUREWATCH EXTERNAL BELL BOX PROBLEM

Options
  • 31-12-2014 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Really need HELP before our neighbours cause murder! Last night our outside bell box went off approx 9-10 times for anything between 10-30 seconds at a time..no sequence just quiet sporadically. The alarm wasn't set, no internal alarm went off and no fault is showing up! It seemed to just stop during the day until about 11.30pm this evening and again started ringing for a few seconds and just stops. The alarm has been in approx 3-4yrs and never gave us problems before..but we no longer have contact details for our installer. We're guessing there's a fault with the tamper on the external box but wondered if my husband opened the box would the alarm go off??? Originally thought perhaps the external battery might be going but I'd imagine that would give a fault message? Not very texhnically minded here so need some help please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Removing the cover will normally set off the alarm as there should be a tamper switch in the bell unit. By quickly finding the switch and keeping it depressed this will silence the alarm. Maybe just reseating the cover may help. It might also be advisable however to check for loose wiring to eliminate that potential. I'd suggest a pair of earplugs if working anywhere near the bell unit.

Advertisement