Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYPD and their charm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

God help them and the scum they have to deal with every day in new york.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hey Sharpton. .....Top this....! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭pavb2

Also read some of the articles regarding their behaviour at the funeral of one of their colleagues and they did not come out looking very good.

I'm not up to speed with what's been going on there and there are obvious conflicts between them and the politicos however what kept coming into my mind was their actions and sacrifice made during 9/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Oh god another "f**k the police" thread. Some people on this board really need to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A few give the rest a bad name, like with black people.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    A few give the rest a bad name, like with black people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I've never lived in new York, I've never known a new York police officer, and I've never had any dealing with a poor new Yorkian living in one of the quite unpleasant places they possibly live in, maybe, but in my informed opinion based on the blogs I've read and the 24 hour news vomit that has splattered on the cuffs of my levi's, it's the fault of the xxxxx.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Oh god another "f**k the police" thread. Some people on this board really need to grow up.

You're, like, SO RIGHT.

Call that kid a nigg*r, officer.
    We have your back against complaints.

We're grown-ups.

Egginacup wrote: »
    You're, like, SO RIGHT.

Call that kid a nigg*r, officer.
    We have your back against complaints.

We're grown-ups.

What in the f**k are you talking about. A couple of people who may (or may not) be serving or retired cops talk some s***e on a web forum (huh sounds familiar) and suddenly it's worth starting another anti-police thread. My judgement stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Egginacup wrote: »
    Everyone has seen Eric Garner get killed by police and by now many have seen police turning their backs on Di Blasio at a funeral (as if he was responsible for cops in New York getting a bad name, and ultimately shot dead)

Here are some trinkets of loveliness from serving AND retired NYPD in relation to their not being allowed to crack people's heads with impunity. If an officer of the Berlin Police, or Stockholm, or Amsterdam, or Dublin or London or even Rome (and we all know they are a hotheaded, thuggish bunch) was to voice this poison, they would be investigated, canned and maybe even arrested:

http://theerant.yuku.com/reply/762003/Report-Black-Guerrilla-Family-Threat-Invade-Shoot-Brook#reply-762003

The site theerant is a favourite for police officers to vent their inner feelings and most of it is revolting:

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/72345/To-all-you-CHIPOTLE-patrons-I-call-to-boycott#.VJ_fK8AAQ

One really ought to read what these serving and retired police post on this site and then be thankful that you don't live anywhere near them and have brown skin.

http://theerant.yuku.com/reply/743187/Mayoral-aide-Rachel-Noerdlinger-ex-beau-mum-City-Hall-dra#reply-743187

How about Russian cops? I know you like Russia. http://www.economist.com/node/15731344

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

A thread about the US from egginacup? I'm sure this will be positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

A thread about the US from egginacup? I'm sure this will be positive.

+1. What a surprise! According to the OP, all Americans = gun toting, racist, imperialists. Sorry, white Americans (and Obama).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Imagine spending your Christmas outraged that a Cop in America shot someone :D Egginacup has been relentless:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NYPD budget for 2014 €4.678 Bn
    http://council.nyc.gov/downloads/pdf/budget/2014/execbudget/2police.pdf

This is more than half the North Korea Military Budget of $8.65Bn

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/04/10/north-korea-details-budget-plans/
    The last publicly available figure for Pyongyang’s annual budget, in 2008, was 451.3 billion North Korean won. Based on the latest available market rate, that would be roughly equivalent to $61.8 million. Using that figure to calculate spending on national defense would give a figure of around $8.65 million.

South Korea, by comparison, plans to spend around 14.4% of its budget on national defense this year, or around $34.24 billion, though expenditures from outside the Defense Ministry will push the number higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

In fairness you can't compare NYC to North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

A friend of mine told me a story about a lad he was on the J1 with in the states a few years back.

This lad was over playing hurling on one of those summer scholarships with the GAA or something. He was walking home from training with the gear bag when a homeless lad pulled a knife on him to get his phone. The irish lad of course reached for the hurl and bet the winnie the pooh out of the homeless lad. The cops were called and a full statement was taken from the homeless man about how the Irish guy attacked him with a giant wooden spoon.

The 'giant wooden spoon' was confiscated as a lethal weapon. Just thought I'd share that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

NYPD FOREVER

Advertisement