Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Running a DA from a car battery with an inverter?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Oh hai goys!

Just wondering if anyone has done this before, or knows if it would work?

I've no garage and living on the top floor of an apartment block, so powering the Kestral is a bit tricky.

I noticed maplin's have a good price on a 600W inverter for 60euro... Wondering if this would be could enough to power the polisher, if it was connected to a running car's battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

With the time it would take to do a proper job the car battery wouldn't last long. It's a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

+1 on the bad idea... You'll flatten the battery in minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the car is running?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If the car is running?

I'd still reckon there wouldn't be as much juice going in the battery at idle, than a DA would use :D

Advertisement