Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ECU Problem with Joyner 1600cc buggy

Options
  • 31-12-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Looking for a bit of help.

I have a 2011 Joyner 1600cc Terminator Buggy.
    But before i bought it at some stage the engine was replaced with a bigger one!
    The Engine that is in it now is a 2007 Chery SQR481FC 1.8 EFI DOHC 5 Speed gearbox.

The problem i have is when i first start it, it drives like a dream,
    Great power to the wheels in every gear but for around 5mins.
    Then the power dies and i mean dies!! then engine cuts out. leave sit for 1 min starts and drives for another 2 mins then same thing happens.
    I thought it could be a cranksensor or cam sensor so i changed them but same thing is happening.
    the only thing i could think of is the ecu got wet!
    theres a few things wrong now like temp gauge and feul gauge not working and temp light coming on the whole time even when i first start it.
    so i ordered a new ecu cost €100 including shipping online in from chine.
    Plugged in the ecu and everything is back working gauges lights the works but the new ecu is not sending a spark to the plugs?

Can someone tell me why this ecu is not working with the engine. numbers on both all match?
    could it be a immobilizer problem?
    My buggy dont have a immobilizer fitted to it?
    Those the ecu have to be programmed before i fit it?
    Is there anyone in Ireland that deals with Chery engines?

Any help would be appreciated as i have hit a wall with its problem.

Thanks.

Advertisement