Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a windows XP password recovery facility?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

OK so I'm a musician with a PC that I bought from a friend. It has two hard disks and two boot options.

<snip>

Have you guys got any advice. Be much appreciated. Any other info you need just shout.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Please read the charter No WAREZ or Cracks

one reason is that people reuse passwords

however, you can use the NT password reset disk to remove a windows password
    NB you will loose access to any folders encrypted with EFS , they usually appear green in explorer

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What brand is the PC? Get the Windows disc, install Windows, and do a format install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Hi lads

Apologies - I didn't realise those sites were against the rules, my intentions are all above board I can assure you..

I'll check out your recommendations.

Syco - in answer to your question - the PC is a Frankenstein-esque machine, upgraded by this lad and then almost totally gutted in the summer by me - replacing MOBO, chip, cooler and RAM. We don't have the Windows disks.

Will look into some more.

Sorry for inconvenience. Thanks. Happy New Year.
    Cheers

Advertisement