Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22mm Springbar

Options
  • 30-12-2014 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere around Dublin City I can pick up one of these at a reasonable price?

I went into Fast Fix in Stephen's Green and the woman there tried to charge me €13 for one which I politely declined. I know that price is ridiculous and have no idea where she pulled it out of - the jeweller there gave me one for nothing once. If needs be I'll buy some from ebay but if there's a shop around O'Connell St area that I can pick one up it'd be handier.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think I have a box of springbars in different sizes - based in South Dublin. You're welcome to one if I have it in 22mm, and if you can call out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Watches and timepieces; the nicest forum on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Not sure when I'd be out South Dublin way but thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Stay away from fastfit, their prices are extortionate these days.
    Try some smaller jewelers....they will give you one for free or a nominal fee.

Last time I went there I was given one free - the woman behind the counter yesterday basically said I was lying. Just based on her entire attitude I'll never go there again anyway. I'll head up O'Connell St today and see if I can pick one up.

• Advertisement

Picked one up in Fields on Henry St for €3. Despite the lady yesterday telling me I won't get one for that price anywhere.

goddammit. Time for another trip to Fields. Weaving a new strap for my watch and pulled the weave the wrong way and broke one of the bars. I think I'll get a couple of spares this time.

Strap is looking nice though. I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

364072.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Well, I'm based in the city centre now if you want a couple for free.

If you have a couple with you tomorrow morning I'll take you up on that. I could give you 10 feet of paracord to make your own strap in return.

Orion wrote: »
    If you have a couple with you tomorrow morning I'll take you up on that. I could give you 10 feet of paracord to make your own strap in return.

Sorry, didn't see this in time. I can bring a couple in tomorrow. I work very close to Pearse St DART station. Drop me a PM if that suits.

• Advertisement

I was down O'Connell St way at lunch anyway so I grabbed 2 from Fields. Thanks again anyway.

Advertisement