Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the other ways into college?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok so I've always wanted to go to IADT and study Design for Stage and Screen (Makeup Design), but unfortunately I didn't meet the entry requirements. As some of you may know, you need 2HC3 & 4OD3, and I skimmed past the higher level requirement by getting a D1 in one of my papers. So with no other plan I was lucky enough to get a job working at a counter at 17 until I figure out what to do. Another course I wanted to do was the Make-Up for Fashion and Media course in Crumlin College. I also went for an interview for Crumlin and didn't get accepted, even though I did a really good interview, the reason for me not getting a place was for the simple fact the I handed my application in later than the students who got accepted even though I sent mine in before the final date. My plan was to apply again for Crumlin, (being 2nd on the waiting list last time might help getting in this time) hopefully get my minimum of 3 distinctions and also add a little more into my portfolio and then finally chance applying for Dun Laoghaire. Its just I've done a little research and I heard that it's difficult for students applying with their FETAC qualification to get accepted to a college. It's something I've always taken seriously and it's never been a 'back up plan' to go into Makeup Artistry. Also, it's getting harder every year to break into the industry and become successful, so I want as much training and experience as I can get and I think that since Im so young now is the best time to do it. Im just looking for some opinions from people other than my family and friends.
    Sorry for making it so long haha! Replies will be greatly appreciated :-)

Advertisement