Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents insurance

Options
  • 30-12-2014 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on contents only insurance?
    I don't need full home insurance as I own an apartment and the building insurance is already covered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I got a very good quote from 123.ie. However, not had to make a chain so can't comment on how easy they are to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

garhjw wrote: »
    I got a very good quote from 123.ie. However, not had to make a chain so can't comment on how easy they are to deal with

I use 123.ie for landlords insurance, and I got a great deal on my car insurance when I susequently changed. Similarly I haven't had need to make a claim so can't comment, but aren't they RSA, so I would consider them to be reputable.

Years ago I had contents insurance with FBD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

We have ours with 123.ie. They gave us the best price and cover at the time. And, when I bought a car recently, they gave me a HUGE discount on my car insurance, because I'd the contents insurance with them. I really shopped around, and couldn't get any quote even close to it.

Having said that, I've never had to claim on either the contents insurance or the car insurance. But I think it's well worth getting a quote from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

What kind of money are we talking for contents insurance with 123?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Brego888 wrote: »
    What kind of money are we talking for contents insurance with 123?

It really depends a lot on value of contents, location, etc - it's not much good telling you how much I paid, because our contents are of relatively low value and we live it a dodgy-ish area - you could get a completely different quote based on where you live and the value of your stuff.

Best thing is to get an online quote, or else just ring them.

Do make sure to mention any individual high-value items, and ensure that they're covered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement