Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Auris D4D 2L, any issues?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey guys, looking to buy a 08-10 Toyota Auris D4D. Just wondering is there any major reliability issues I need to know about or look out for or is it like most other Toyotas - bulletproof?
    Have a mk2 Focus and have shelled out far too much money recently on engine issues so reliability is key.

What's the handling like of the Auris? Will miss my focus in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The majority of diesel auriss are 1.4. A 2.0 would be a uk import.
    Mechanically it'd be pretty much the same as the 03-09 avensis.

It doesn't handle as good as the Focus, but still not dreadful. The facelift model addressed most of the criticisms of the original 07 models.

Don't pay over the odds expecting it to be bulletproof though.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bar32

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The majority of diesel auriss are 1.4. A 2.0 would be a uk import.
    Mechanically it'd be pretty much the same as the 03-09 avensis.

It doesn't handle as good as the Focus, but still not dreadful. The facelift model addressed most of the criticisms of the original 07 models.

Don't pay over the odds expecting it to be bulletproof though.

Thanks for that info Colm. Was pretty sure that 2.0 was a uk import so thanks for confirming that.

In your opinion what would the most reliable car of its class be?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon the old model i30/ceed 1.6 CRDI is quite a safe bet.

Advertisement