Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the strangest dream you ever dreamt?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I had a strange dream last night...

I was a bus driver for over 30 years. I dreamt that I had crashed my bus and was killed in the accident. While I was waiting at the gates of heaven a priest was in front of me in the queue to get in. Then I saw God come out and he saw us both waiting and said that the priest could wait because he was more interested in meeting me first. When we were inside the gates I asked God why I was given priority over the priest. God said to me, the reason is simple: "When the priest gave a sermon, everybody fell asleep, but when you drove your bus, everyone was praying"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had a dream where someone was hung upside from a lamp post for telling a terrible joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeo141

its an ancient joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Had a dream I was eating marshmallows... I woke up and my pillow was gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I had a dream I was on the toilet weeing. When I started waking up during the dream, I realised I was weeing in my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Used to share a bed with my two brothers, one night, lying between the two of them I dreamt I was cross country skiing, they both dreamt they were having a Tommy tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was late May or June 2001 and I had a dream where I experienced my death.

In my dream, it was after sunset but still bright as it was summer time. I was out in a field near my house, I heard this buzzing noise coming from the south so went to look to see what it was, I live on a hill and have great views. I saw these planes coming from the south, the sky was filled with them and they were firing missiles at houses.
    I remember the planes looked strange and only realised in recent years that the planes I saw resembled drones.
    I was in an exposed location and one of the drones fired a missile which blew up close to where I was standing, sending me flying off my feet and as I lay on the ground unable to move, I felt myself dying and there was this white light.
    At this stage I jumped upright in the bed as if someone had shocked me and was thankful it was not real, but it is the dream that felt the most realistic ever in my life.

TL/DR: So when Ireland gets invaded I will die....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Used to share a bed with my two brothers, one night, lying between the two of them I dreamt I was cross country skiing, they both dreamt they were having a Tommy tank.

That's always bothered me. If you were skiing the lads would be in agony. Why not say you were working with a ZX30 or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭alistair spuds

I once dreamt honest people went into Irish politics, and people actually voted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Noobascious

Same as above. Had a few dreams I was dying then woke up with a sort of electric jolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

An actual dream I had was my girlfriend looked like Miley Cyrus so I was trying to figure out how to break up with her because I couldn't stand looking at her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement