Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick question on Insurance! :)

Options
  • 29-12-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Please read before continuing >>>> I have checked before that provisional insurence is a lot more expensive than with a full...

If I am insured on a provisional license, and sometime in the 12 months I am insured I get my full license, and my proviosion insurance cost 2000, then goes down to 1500 with a full. Would the insurance company give me back the €500 or not?

Thanks for any answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Depends on the insurer but usually they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daithi_ep70

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Depends on the insurer but usually they do.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You will likely only get a portion back, if it's say after 6 months I would expect to get 200 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daithi_ep70

You will likely only get a portion back, if it's say after 6 months I would expect to get 200 or less.

Yeah that's understandable!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I was refunded in that situation, but it was a pro rata refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I remember when I was a named driver on my fathers policy when I passed my test and they would not refund anything,

Despite me passing my test 8 days after insurance renewal.....

That said they usually would when it is your own policy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Please read before continuing >>>> I have checked before that provisional insurence is a lot more expensive than with a full...

If I am insured on a provisional license, and sometime in the 12 months I am insured I get my full license, and my proviosion insurance cost 2000, then goes down to 1500 with a full. Would the insurance company give me back the €500 or not?

Thanks for any answers!

Depends on the insurer, and the amount you will get back wont be 500, a lot less from what I've read in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Pay monthly is my advice.....that way they aren't holding any of your money to pay back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Bout ten years ago when I passed my test. I got 1500 euros back. So there might be a chance they still do refund it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I got a refund from Aviva straight away after sending them an email. I didn't even have to send them a copy of my license.

My brother had a cheque within a week from 123 or nononsense - common practice among insurers I guess.

This was few years ago, though (but no more than 5:D) but I don't think they've changed it by now.

Good luck with your test OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement