Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera 06 - Question

Options
  • 29-12-2014 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My car is a 2006 Nissan Almera 1.5 petrol. I've had a problem where I get no power and eventually the car would just slow down and eventually stop when it got under any sort of labor.

I got someone to bring it to a garage today so it could be put on a diagnostics computer and they tell me it's a "NAP" or "NAPS" sensor. I've searched on google and can't seem to find that specific sensor on this model of car.

Is "NAP" just another name for the camshaft position sensor? Are they the same thing? If anyone has any experience with these cars help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭blade1

By any chance do you mean MAF sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 colm1010

blade1 wrote: »
    By any chance do you mean MAF sensor?

Major lapse in communication, it's a NATS sensor. Error code P1612

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

NATS is the immobiliser isn't it?

Have you got a spare key?

From what I gather, it's something to do with the immobilizer. I am also using the original keys that came with the car, never had to get one programmed. (Have had the car since new)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does it happen with both keys?

• Advertisement

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

NATS= Nissan Anti Theft System

Check the connector of the reader coil, it's wrapped around the ignition barrell.
    It's a small connector and sometimes gets loose.

Advertisement