Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Code promotion with PS4 from Amazon.co.uk doesn't work in Ireland

Options
  • 29-12-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

The title says it all. I'm seriously annoyed. For christmas I purchased a white PS4 from Amazon.co.uk and it came with a free code for The Last of Us Remastered for PS4. However the code wouldn't work. I emailed them and after waiting two days they came back to me saying that the code would only work for UK customers! Now to be fair usually Amazon have great customer service, at least with me. But this is ridiculous! I have no game play on my PS4 now. I'm just posting this as a heads up to Irish gamers so in the future this won't happen again.

BTW would it be possible to me to make a UK account on PS4 and redeem it that way? But i wouldn't be able to play it online unless I pay for PS+ for two accounts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The title says it all. I'm seriously annoyed. For christmas I purchased a white PS4 from Amazon.co.uk and it came with a free code for The Last of Us Remastered for PS4. However the code wouldn't work. I emailed them and after waiting two days they came back to me saying that the code would only work for UK customers! Now to be fair usually Amazon have great customer service, at least with me. But this is ridiculous! I have no game play on my PS4 now. I'm just posting this as a heads up to Irish gamers so in the future this won't happen again.

BTW would it be possible to me to make a UK account on PS4 and redeem it that way? But i wouldn't be able to play it online unless I pay for PS+ for two accounts.

You can setup a UK account, download it and it will play on your irish one just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭solidMGSsnake

jonny24ie wrote: »
    You can setup a UK account, download it and it will play on your irish one just fine.

Alright I created a UK account and the game appears to be fine. But still, the code should have worked for Ireland as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You got the code from a UK store, what made you think it would work on the Irish store?
    Two different currencies for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Alright I created a UK account and the game appears to be fine. But still, the code should have worked for Ireland as well.

Did you not see the .co.uk in the URL?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

no the ps store is country specific so uk codes only work for uk accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It was never going to work. UK code for UK accounts, Irish codes for Irish accounts and so on.

It's hardly an inconvenience anyway as lots of people setup other regional accounts to save money when buying games.

Advertisement