Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Incontinent Passat B6

Options
  • 29-12-2014 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭

Can't hold its washer fluid - anyone had this problem? Any shortcuts to fixing it, Internet wisdom suggests it's a job and a half to replace the bottle so any practical repair in place tips gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Can't hold its washer fluid - anyone had this problem? Any shortcuts to fixing it, Internet wisdom suggests it's a job and a half to replace the bottle so any practical repair in place tips gratefully received!

I've never replaced washer bottle on a Passat, but on Ford Focus and Pumas the offside front panel needs to come off, usually quite a lot of screws in awkward place, then it's a matter of unmounting the washer bottle and disconnecting the hoses. Take your time, use a workshop manual and/or youtube videos. The pipework may need slight persuading, a little heat with a hair dryer makes them more pliable. A little washing up liquid helps ease the new ones on.

The Haynes Manual is as close to a must for any car as I can imagine; though my cars (two Pumas, 1 Focus ST170) were not sold in sufficient volume to have their own, enough of the parts and procedures are similar enough to their 'parent' cars (MKIV Fiesta and vanilla Focus MK1) to still make it a worthy buy.

Advertisement