Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False restaurant/hotel prices - Invitation to treat?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I stayed in a hotel near the airport a couple of days ago. On the hotel website there was the restaurant menu, offering a three course meal for two with a bottle of wine for €59.99
    When I arrive in the restaurant, I couldn't find this offer on the menu, so I asked the staff and I was told 'Ah, that was the old menu, we haven't got around to changing it on the website yet', and that the new version was a two-course meal with wine for 64.99!

Can this be considered false advertising, or does it come under 'Invitation to treat'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It may simply be considered a mistake/oversight. So long as there is no intent to mislead mistakes are allowed. Considering the time of year the website may not have been updated as promptly as normal. Some hotels also only publish sample menus (stated in small print).

Advertisement