Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZOTAC ZBOX BI320 Plus Mini PC Celeron (2957U) 1.4 GHz 2GB 64GB SSD £90 +p&p

Options
  • 28-12-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

Saw a thread on this new mini PC over on the XBMC forum and thought it was worth sharing here as it seems to be an excellent XBMC box for very reasonable money.

ZBOX BI320 Plus Windows 8.1 with Bing
    Intel Celeron 2957U (dual-core, 1.4 GHz)
    2 x 204-pin SODIMM slots (comes with 2Gb RAM upgradable to 16Gb)
    8-ch via DVI-to-HDMI adapter S/PDIF
    64GB mSATA SSD 2.5“ drive bay SATA 6.0 Gb/s compatible
    4 USB 3.0 (back panel) 2 USB 2.0 (1 on top, 1 front)
    1 DVI / 1 HDMI

Full specs on the Zotac website here

Available from various UK suppliers, the best value seems to be from Server Cases @ £89.57 + shipping, they ship internationally but they are on holiday until Jan. 5th. so no quote on shipping until then.

No bluetooth or IR but could be easily added via USB.

Don't have the money now to get one myself, hopefully they will be around for a while at this money [fingers crossed].

Some posters on the XBMC thread have already received delivery so check that thread for feedback.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Looks like a great catch Do-more, but that link to the uk site does not work and can't locate via search, u got working link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Looks like a great catch Do-more, but that link to the uk site does not work and can't locate via search, u got working link?
    Just read the latest posts on the XBMC forum and it seems that Server Cases have deleted the listing, that's the second UK company to do so, there is some speculation that it may have been a mis-price by the Zotac distributor as it does seem too good to be true for a fully configured mini-pc with RAM, SSD and OS pre-loaded.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭serious

I have recently upgraded my HTPC over the xmas and will be selling my Zotac Zbox AD10 Plus.
    I came as a bare bones model but I added a 4gb of ram, 64 SSD an external hdd 750gb connected via esata connection for movies etc.
    It comes with Flirc remote that works with any remote. Windows 8.1 pro media centre addition. Can also use it for directly start up on XBMC.
    It is tiny and silent, can be attach to the vesa mount on the back of your tv.
    You can if you like turn off the green halo in the bios. I never did as I think it looks cool.

I will be advertising it on Adverts when I get the time.
    It is a fantastic bit of kit and far superior than any "smart tv". It also has Bluetooth to the best of my knowledge. Never used it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yonij3WOU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pNCCk21Cv4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

serious wrote: »
    I have recently upgraded my HTPC over the xmas and will be selling my Zotac Zbox AD10 Plus.
    I came as a bare bones model but I added a 4gb of ram, 64 SSD an external hdd 750gb connected via esata connection for movies etc.
    It comes with Flirc remote that works with any remote. Windows 8.1 pro media centre addition. Can also use it for directly start up on XBMC.
    It is tiny and silent, can be attach to the vesa mount on the back of your tv.
    You can if you like turn off the green halo in the bios. I never did as I think it looks cool.

I will be advertising it on Adverts when I get the time.
    It is a fantastic bit of kit and far superior than any "smart tv". It also has Bluetooth to the best of my knowledge. Never used it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yonij3WOU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pNCCk21Cv4

Have you any idea of price you will be looking for.i might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭serious

Hi the barebones model is about €300 excluding shipping
    Ram is about €45
    64GB SSD is about €45
    750gb external hard drive 7200rpm with aluminium case and eSata connection is about €70. If you want I can load it up with movies and TV shows.
    If you want it can be loaded with activated Windows 8.1

Easily worth €500. I would take €300 all in. All original packaging and great condition.
    I will have an ad on adverts when I get the chance

• Advertisement
Advertisement