Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G bought from Argos on 18th November but given as a present on Xmas

Options
  • 28-12-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭

So I picked my Daughter up a Santa present of a Moto G phone costing €199.99, I bought it on the 18th of November as it was going to be out of stock with the run up to Christmas I decided to get it early, but on opening it on Christmas day the phone has a faulty spot of the touchscreen where it's like somebody touches it, so wanted to return it for another one, now reading their Terms and Conditions, if within 30 days they would replace it but I'm outside the 30 days and I am not sure if they will want to send it off for repair, now checking the stock of the phone there is none available anywhere in Dublin or surrounding area, anyone got an idea how this will play out when I go into customer service?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The 30 day policy is to allow you return items for any reason and especially for change of mind (which you are not normally entitled to). Under consumer law defective products are not limited by any such policy. If the phone is defective you are entitled to a repair or a replacement of equivalent value, or you can get a refund if neither option is feasible.

Just return the phone and all it's accessories (packaging not needed) to any branch and bring proof of purchase in case they ask for it. Argos are one of the better companies to deal with so you'll probably be offered an alternative phone or a refund if none in stock.

Advertisement