Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upgrading from PS3 version to PS4

• 28-12-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to the PS4 version of Minecraft on the store for my son (he already has it on PS3 and Vita) but when I search for Minecraft on PS4 it only gives me the option to download the trial version there is no option to purchase unlock key or anything like that, likewise when I open the trial version in the menu you can click "unlock full game now" but this just brings me back to the store where it says "installed" but still no option to purchase :(.
    Has anyone here experenced a problem like this one or have any idea what I could be doing wrong? My PS4 is only new and I haven't really had time to get used to the menus and stuff like that so any help would be appriciated, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You have to buy it again afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

You have to buy it again afaik

Yeah I know I have to buy it again (which should be at a discounted price as I have PS3 version on the same account) but the problem is there is no option to buy it anywhere that I can see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

you have to buy all the games again

same with xbox

braddun wrote: »
    you have to buy all the games again

same with xbox

What do you mean I have to buy all the games again? I already have the games bought and installed on both PS3 and Vita, Sony specifically said the anyone who had bought Minecraft on PS3 and played it online before the 28th-08-13 where allowed to buy the PS4 version at a discounted price of €3.99. I completely understand with most other games you have to pay for both PS3 and PS4 separately.The problem here isn't about how much I have to pay but the fact that there is no option to pay at full or discounted price.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/04/minecraft-ps4-edition-available-now-ps3-upgrade-option/
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do it on a PC on the Ps store. Should be much easier to find.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do it on a PC on the Ps store. Should be much easier to find.

Yeah that's what I done man, still no idea why it wasn't showing up but sure feck it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah that's what I done man, still no idea why it wasn't showing up but sure feck it.:)

Can't speak for playstation as I'm on Xbox but could you not download the trail, normally when you load it up it will have an option on the menu screen to then unlock a full version, it may have the 3.99 price there? Worth a shot.

Scratch that , I see in the OP you already tried that.

Advertisement