Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tried paintless dent removal today

Options
  • 28-12-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

I bought a cheap ass paintless dent removal kit off eBay for €16. There's a dent on the wing since I got the van. Need to knock a few high spots down and it will look a lot better than it was. Pics if before and after are included. Got too dark to anymore with it today :-(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

post photo in first light

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

braddun wrote: »
    post photo in first light

Why in the first light?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Think he means post the after shot in the same type of light as the first picture!
    Looks a lot better anyways! ;)

Curran wrote: »
    Think he means post the after shot in the same type of light as the first picture!
    Looks a lot better anyways! ;)

Thanks Curran ;-) Here's a PIC from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Might be the light, But it looks like it has more scratches now in the front wing than the very first photo

:D

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Might be the light, But it looks like it has more scratches now in the front wing than the very first photo

Na its defo the light. There was scratches on it before :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Try some TCut on it to make them less harsh and less visible at least.

That should tidy it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

OP, did you buy the suction-type of dent pullers...or the hammer and dolly set-up ?

Or just post a link to the Ebay item. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

listermint wrote: »
    Try some TCut on it to make them less harsh and less visible at least.

That should tidy it up a bit.

TCut on a detailing forum! arrgh!
    woman-forming-fingers-cross-sign-15867595.jpg

Heres the link to the kit i bought. http://m.ebay.ie/itm/351239823557?nav=SEARCH Great job for what I paid.
    Does anyone know if its a certain type of hot melt glue that I could buy to use with it? I only got 3 sticks with the kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Heres the link to the kit i bought. http://m.ebay.ie/itm/351239823557?nav=SEARCH Great job for what I paid.
    Does anyone know if its a certain type of hot melt glue that I could buy to use with it? I only got 3 sticks with the kit

Looks pretty bog standard hot melt sticks, any DIY store will have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

You did a decent job there, T cut as someone said above and Bobs your uncle....
    Are they steel or plastic wings?

ardle1 wrote: »
    You did a decent job there, T cut as someone said above and Bobs your uncle....
    Are they steel or plastic wings?

There plastic wings.

Here's today's effort. It was a massive dent about a half inch deep. Seems to be the best I can do with it until I get more glue sticks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Doesnt look half bad at all, Mrs car is dented to bits, so i'll give this a go.

Thanks.

Muckie wrote: »
    Doesnt look half bad at all, Mrs car is dented to bits, so i'll give this a go.

Thanks.

Ya for €16 you can't go wrong. The van came with those dents and have bugged me for a year. It has really tidied up the van now.

I no nothing about dent removal or paintless dent removal either and it came out pretty ok for my first attempt. The panel beater I know said the entire wing would need to be resprayed to get the dent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tommer

Forget tcut try vm compound i used it on my faded red van came up as new very impressed used wit a buffer machine

tommer wrote: »
    Forget tcut try vm compound i used it on my faded red van came up as new very impressed used wit a buffer machine

Is that stuff expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tommer

Is that stuff expensive

I paid €10 for a litre bottle in autocare it also dose faded head lights its very good compound

tommer wrote: »
    I paid €10 for a litre bottle in autocare it also dose faded head lights its very good compound

Nice one I must get a bottle in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Am I the only one that read this as pantieless dent removal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Tropheus wrote: »
    Am I the only one that read this as pantieless dent removal?

I keep seeing painless dent removal. Sorry, the problem lies with your brain. :D:p
    I tried the very same kit. Couldn't make it work for toffee. Applied glue, applied suction cup, turned screw by 1/4 turn, suction cup would tear off the glue.
    Tried this for half a day, tried everything, read and re-read instructions, no good, wouldn't work.
    Finally drilled a hole in dent and tried pulling it that way. The pulling tool broke. So my experience was 0/10 sadly.
    Next time I'll drill holes and use a slide hammer, unless it's a very mild dent I can't see this work.

Advertisement