Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing belt + tensioner and water pump cost ?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

car is a 97 honda integra dc2 1.8

Got these 3 parts online for 104 euro delivered

Whats the normal rate for a mechanic to change the belt , fit the tensioner and change the water pump ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

its betwen 300 and 450 with parts , so maybe 250 to 350 if you supply them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

i was quoted 150 today aswel as checkin me ignition timing and doin a compression test on the car so thats not too bad is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

That's seems good, I got the timing belt, water pump and coolant changed on a ford fusion for 115 recently, I supplied the parts. Was quoted 180 else where...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

rebelbmx wrote: »
    That's seems good, I got the timing belt, water pump and coolant changed on a ford fusion for 115 recently, I supplied the parts. Was quoted 180 else where...

115 is grand :) pays to shop around , how long where they at it for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

I just left the car with them for the day, collected it after work...

• Advertisement
Advertisement