Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agent and solicitor fees

Options
  • 28-12-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

What percentage of the sale price of a house can you expect to loose to estate agent and solicitor fees

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Luckysasha wrote: »
    What percentage of the sale price of a house can you expect to loose to estate agent and solicitor fees

2% here in south tipp with my agent anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Yeah I kind of factored about 5 % to cover both estate agent and all legal fees

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of factored about 5 % to cover both estate agent and all legal fees

I sold a property recently for 70k and paid 1500 to solicitor and 1400 to the agent so if that's anything to go by. Again thats down here, not sure where you are but think it could be higher for agent fees in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks for that. It's in Meath. Trying to decide if I should sell up now and break even or hang on another couple of years for a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

My advice is to contact estate agents in your area, I am based in west Dublin and did so recently, got quoted fees ranging from 1% (+VAT) commission fee plus E200 fee for marketing to E3500 commission fee plus E450 (+VAT) for marketing fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement