Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistent Ratings

Options
  • 28-12-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Someone must explain to me how and why Just A Way is still the highest rated horse in the world. He was defeated (Again) last night just as he was defeated the time before that and the time before that in the Arc. Just A Way hasn't won a race since June but yet he has remained number 1 or number 2 of the world's highest rated horses. In all of my 25+ years of being in and around this sport I've never seen such inconstancy.
    https://www.timeform.com/Racing/Articles/2014_Global_Rankings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

Ratings reward performance not consistency or lack of it. It's purely a lengths vs weight thing. He posted that figure earlier in the year and probably has run to it since - still doesn't mean he didn't put that good performance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

His high rating was for a 9f win, his last three races were 12f races so his 9f performance hasn't been disproven or devalued by any subsequent run. In the International classifications you'll see horses rated differently at the different trips they raced at during the year.

Strange bunch those Japanese 12f horses, they keep turning the form around with each other.

Not very impressed at seeing Kingman at the top of the heap.

Advertisement