Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw polo

Options
  • 28-12-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭

Are the 2010 polo basically the same as the 2010 golfs.
    The bodys looks the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're a bit smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're a bit smaller.

Would 4 grown adults fit in them comfortable.
    Are they high on maintenance.
    Would that be classed as a more girly car

They're obviously not as wide as a a Golf so you'll be closer to your front seat passenger.
    Rear legroom is good for this class but not as generous as a Golf.
    I had one as a rental car last year (it was a TSI) and really liked it. I had an Ibiza the year before and that actually felt bigger (even though I'm pretty sire they're the same size)

Can't imagine it bring any different to a golf maintenance wise.

Don't buy into the boy/girl car thing. Get it if you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It is smaller than the Golf but provides generous legroom in its class. You could put 4 adults in one but I wouldn't be going on a huge expedition in it.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    It is smaller than the Golf but provides generous legroom in its class. You could put 4 adults in one but I wouldn't be going on a huge expedition in it.

why wouldn't you go on a hugh expedition

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    why wouldn't you go on a hugh expedition

I would feel space would be a little right for 4 adults on regular long journeys.
    AFAIK that polo is the exact same size as the mk4 Golf which was 98-04

It's narrower and shorter than the mk4 Golf, but roughly the same height.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I drive that model Polo and there is plenty of room in the back for 2 adults, I sit quite far back in my seat and still enough room behind mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I have that model.

As for looking like the Golf, certainly from the front. A bit boxier from the side and nothing alike from the rear.

4 adults would fit fine, unless the back seat passengers are over 6 foot. It would be fine for short journeys but they would be a bit stiff on longer journeys because they wouldn't have much movement.

I couldn't be certain but I think the polo is a bit narrower. Just from having being in both. There isn't really a proper centre console/storage/arm rest between the two front seats.

The boot in the golf is definitely longer which would also lead me to think it is shorter. Not sure about capacity because the polo is nice and deep but certainly smaller volume over all.

As previously mentioned height seems about the same, grand headroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

They're actually a fairly nice car, interior is quite similar to the golf. Cosmetically they are very nice, even in the trendline spec. Be careful with what engine you choose though. I had the misfortune of driving a 2011 reg 1.2 petrol 60bhp for a while in 2012, and lord almighty it was as dead as a door nail. No response anywhere, even when empty. I won't say what it was like when it had five adults in it. It was a three door too. Back to happy thoughts now!! I don't generally drive cars of that size too often, so I don't know how it would compare to its competitors. I don't think that's the TSI engine though.

• Advertisement

They're actually a fairly nice car, interior is quite similar to the golf. Cosmetically they are very nice, even in the trendline spec. Be careful with what engine you choose though. I had the misfortune of driving a 2011 reg 1.2 petrol 60bhp for a while in 2012, and lord almighty it was as dead as a door nail. No response anywhere, even when empty. I won't say what it was like when it had five adults in it. It was a three door too. Back to happy thoughts now!! I don't generally drive cars of that size too often, so I don't know how it would compare to its competitors. I don't think that's the TSI engine though.

No the 60bhp is far from a TSI! My grandad had that polo in the 1.6 TDI 90hp which was very impressive. I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Polo but it is still a supermini, albeit a very impressive one. I just have a feeling the OP is looking for a slightly larger car

ryanf1 wrote: »
    No the 60bhp is far from a TSI! My grandad had that polo in the 1.6 TDI 90hp which was very impressive. I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Polo but it is still a supermini, albeit a very impressive one. I just have a feeling the OP is looking for a slightly larger car

Not looking for a large car. If I was it would be pre 08 anything after it seems to be hold value with the low tax
    Is done deal a safe place to buy cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

cena wrote: »
    Not looking for a large car. If I was it would be pre 08 anything after it seems to be hold value with the low tax
    Is done deal a safe place to buy cars.

Donedeal don't sell cars ;)

The nice polo Didn't come out till 2009. Anything before that would be the 2002 shape which isn't a great car.

Advertisement