Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010/2011 Audi a4 prices

Options
  • 28-12-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just pricing around on the net used a4s and they appear to be going for crazy money. I know Audi dealers will bump up the price due to their large overheads ect but even those being sold privately are asking crazy money considering the extortionate mileage on alot of them. I even looked up the north/UK and when you pay the vrt there really isn't any significant saving only that the car may have slightly more spec and less mileage. Is there a huge element of price fixing prevailing or are these cars easily selling for 16k plus. I also note the 3 series is a good 1000-1500 less. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The market dictates the price, they are in demand plain and simole. For a decent spec, well kept one you will pay good money.

How much do you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Exactly, very desirable car with bags of showroom appeal, they are bound to be in huge demand hence the robust residuals. Probably one of the best cars out there to hold their value really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I thought about a 12/131 A4/A6 S line earlier in the year but prices for a good one are mental.

Have an Insignia myself and while it wouldn't be quite up to Audi standard of fit and finish, they are damn competitive cars for less money. Would you consider one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I think a lot has to do with its shape,since 5 series are basically unchanged since 2004,yet audi managed to roll out 3 new models in that time. Sorta luxury barge. but have to agree when looking at these cars and you see mileage well over 100k,and budget specs its well overpriced.Yet theres 100s rolling down the street every day,so id imagine in the future the prices will drop immensely if people manage to put over 100k miles in just couple years,so give 3 more years and youll be looking at yokes with nearly 300k miles and given that most people service only when really needed,there will be even less to choose from,or to find decent example. As suggested unless your bound to stick to this particular model theres little choice,yet look at jap/n.korean cars and you can buy almost brand new one with top grade specs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I would say €16k is the minimum budget needed to get into a decent 2010 A4. The only way to get one cheaper is if you compromise on mileage, condition or history. As a guide a couple of months ago we sold a one owner full history 2010 base model A4 with 110k km on it for €16500 and had plenty of interest in it at the time. As already pointed out by another poster, it is all about supply and demand, and demand for the A4 is always strong.

If you don't think it is good value then there are plenty of other options out there. €16k would buy you a 160bhp SRI or Elite spec Insignia, both of which are lovely cars by any standard. Or is it just the Audi badge you are after? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭FrontDoor

A4s and the like are poor value second hand.

You would import a very well specced, more recent Mondeo or similar for that money.

If you don't think it is good value then there are plenty of other options out there. €16k would buy you a 160bhp SRI or Elite spec Insignia, both of which are lovely cars by any standard. Or is it just the Audi badge you are after? ;)

Have this exact car in red for the past 2 years in red since new, very striking car. Would give the A4 a run for it's money anyday out in the fast (ahem overtaking) lane. Regularly get dismayed Audi and BMW drivers "try" keep up with her ;). Has it all bar the posh badge really.

FrontDoor wrote: »
    A4s and the like are poor value second hand.

You would import a very well specced, more recent Mondeo or similar for that money.

Yes but then you would find yourself in the unfortunate position of driving a Mondeo :pac:

road_high wrote: »
    Have this exact car in red for the past 2 years in red since new, very striking car. Would give the A4 a run for it's money anyday out in the fast (ahem overtaking) lane. Regularly get dismayed Audi and BMW drivers "try" keep up with her ;). Has it all bar the posh badge really.

In 160bhp form in the right spec they are a fine car. I would certainly have one over a base model A4.

However I have spent the last week driving a base model 130. Quite a different beast :(

• Advertisement

Yes but then you would find yourself in the unfortunate position of driving a Mondeo :pac:
    True.

FrontDoor wrote: »
    True.

Actually I was being a bit unfair. Driving a Mondeo is the best part of the ownership experience. Looking at it and sitting in it are the main problem areas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

scamalert wrote: »
    I think a lot has to do with its shape,since 5 series are basically unchanged since 2004

The last 5 Series (the E60) was launched back in 2003, it was replaced by a new and totally different model in 2010 (the F10).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

bazz26 wrote: »
    The last 5 Series (the E60) was launched back in 2003, it was replaced by a new and totally different model in 2010 (the F10).
    yeah missed that one.
    On the other hand theres plenty to choose with budget close to 16k,passat CC,Hyundai i40 saloon,but at the end it all comes down to what your really after-certain brand/model,power,luxury and so on.

One lesson learned thou cheapest costs usually way more in the long run,specially when looking at certain model and seeing one cheaper then the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP could look at something like this too:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-passat-cc/8150788

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

do petrols sell better than diesels , its very hard to find petrol 2010 onwards a4's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

DaDumTish wrote: »
    do petrols sell better than diesels , its very hard to find petrol 2010 onwards a4's ?

No anything petrol after 2008 is seen as possessed by Satan despite the fact that the purchase price savings would cover the tax savings on a diesel multiple times over for your average motorist. Probably 20% or less petrols would have been bought in 2010, those with sense will hold on to them so very few ever for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Actually I was being a bit unfair. Driving a Mondeo is the best part of the ownership experience. Looking at it and sitting in it are the main problem areas :pac:

Have you got a chance to see the mk5 yet George? Has the hatred continued through :P

Have you got a chance to see the mk5 yet George? Has the hatred continued through :P

I have seen one. Haven't driven one yet. We are talking 2011/2012 models in this thread though :D

In 160bhp form in the right spec they are a fine car. I would certainly have one over a base model A4.

However I have spent the last week driving a base model 130. Quite a different beast :(

Several friends have sat in mine and all commented "this like an Audi". Praise or not depending on your POV I suppose! Spec affects it hugely as the base S model with the plastic wheel trims is almost as dismal as an I30...almost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Thanks for the feedback guys. @George Dalton, thanks for your comment, I wanted to get a feel was demand on the ground actually suffice to command such high prices which it seems it is. TBH I only really want one for the badge if I'm honest but they are beautiful built car and command such respect on the road. Regarding the Insignia, it is a beautiful car and I have actually driven it for quite a length and it is truly a brilliant car that it easy to live with, regarding importing a vauxhall, I could never live with the Vauxhall badge and an Irish plate, would haunt me every day driving it!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bs2014 wrote: »
    TBH I only really want one for the badge if I'm honest but they ... command such respect on the road.
    This is true. I feel compelled to dismount my donkey and prostrate myself in the mud any time I see an A4. Takes me ages to get to centra most days.

This is true. I feel compelled to dismount my donkey and prostrate myself in the mud any time I see an A4. Takes me ages to get to centra most days.
    There is little to add to that really :D:D.

I can buy a 2010 run of the mill family saloon, well specced, good engine for 9-12k.

I cannot see the value in a 5-6k premium for a basic Audi A4.

I was in North America a few times last year with work. One trip was 4 days and the total expenses came in around a grand. I think I can get a lot more value out of 6k in other ways.

20k or so would import a nice 2010 E-class. A far nicer proposition.

bs2014 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback guys. @George Dalton, thanks for your comment, I wanted to get a feel was demand on the ground actually suffice to command such high prices which it seems it is. TBH I only really want one for the badge if I'm honest but they are beautiful built car and command such respect on the road. Regarding the Insignia, it is a beautiful car and I have actually driven it for quite a length and it is truly a brilliant car that it easy to live with, regarding importing a vauxhall, I could never live with the Vauxhall badge and an Irish plate, would haunt me every day driving it!!!:)

Plenty of Irish Insignias about too I'd say. Long as you a good spec one like the SRI LTD Edition or Elite it'll be comparable with a British spec model.

Advertisement