Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't redeem iTunes voucher, any advice?

Options
  • 28-12-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I've just entered the codes from two iTunes vouchers into my iTunes account. The balance is now showing as €30, which is correct. Any time I go into my account, the balance is showing, so at least that's a start. But when I try to buy a track from the iTunes store, it says I can't, because my billing info isn't up to date. So I go into my billing info and confirm the credit card details etc (nothing has changed), but it then says that I still can't buy the track cos payment was declined. Not only is there money on the credit card, but I don't WANT to use that, I want to use the iTunes gift vouchers. I have tried this several times and the same thing keeps happening. I have contacted Apple, (after spending AGES trying to figure out how to email them...they are so hard to get in touch with!) but it will be ages before they get back to me...any advice?? Thanks in advance :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Strange are you having the same issue if you purchase the same track from iTunes on your computer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sioux1977

That's what I'm trying to do - purchase the track from iTunes on my computer, but it just won't let me... :(

or If you have an iOS device could you try it that way see ?

I'm really sorry, but I don't know what an ios device is! :O I have an iphone, but I never use that for itunes etc, I just use a ipod. I'm not technically proficient I'm afraid, especially when it comes to Apple products, as I find them very confusing and frustrating to use (bit late for that, huh?!). Either way though, it seems to be a problem with the account set-up side of things, as opposed to a problem with any of the devices involved...

okay yeah iPhone would be an iOS device.. you could try iTunes from the phone to see if it works.. otherwise you could open a case/issue with Apple support and they are usually pretty quick to fix it https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Customer support will most likely be back to you in 24 hrs in my experience, Id wait and see what they say before driving yourself mad trying to fix it.

Are you definitely logged into the right itunes account? Sometimes mine will appear as if I'm in my Irish account, showing my email address and balance etc, but when I go to buy something it'll ask me for the pass of my US account and US email.

Have you tried buying your track on a PC/mac and seeing if it works via itunes there ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

sioux1977 wrote: »
    I've just entered the codes from two iTunes vouchers into my iTunes account. The balance is now showing as €30, which is correct. Any time I go into my account, the balance is showing, so at least that's a start. But when I try to buy a track from the iTunes store, it says I can't, because my billing info isn't up to date. So I go into my billing info and confirm the credit card details etc (nothing has changed), but it then says that I still can't buy the track cos payment was declined. Not only is there money on the credit card, but I don't WANT to use that, I want to use the iTunes gift vouchers. I have tried this several times and the same thing keeps happening. I have contacted Apple, (after spending AGES trying to figure out how to email them...they are so hard to get in touch with!) but it will be ages before they get back to me...any advice?? Thanks in advance :)

Could it be the address, have you checked all info is correct and all fields completed with correct country.

Also maybe change the Payment Information to "None" so it uses you balance not the credit card on file, but it should use the balance

Thanks all, I appreciate your advice :) Nava I actually did try that, including checking the address, country etc but it still said "payment method declined"! Whimsical, thanks - it is definitely the right account; I'm the only user of this PC. I have sent an email to Apple (omg they are SO feckin' hard to contact!) but I anticipate they could take a long time to get back to me, given the high volume of post-Xmas calls/emails they surely have to deal with... However, looks like I don't have much choice, and will have to wait for them to come back to me. Thanks again, all!

Advertisement