Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Digger Joystick Trouble

Options
  • 27-12-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I have heard a lot of good things about boards.ie, so said id give it a go!!

Iv an old 1987 Mitsubishi 3T mini digger, and was goin away grand one day, when I heard a "Click" noise coming from what seemed to be the left Joystick while I was using it, and following this "Click", the Joystick would not pull in the digger arm anymore.

The rest of the Joystick functions worked okay, but when you pull the Joystick back towards you to pull in the boom, nothing happens.

I took the bolts off around the Joystick , and lifted it up to see if I saw anything broken, but could not pull the Joystick up very much , or did not see anything broken.

I don't know much about mini diggers, so don't know where to start in trying to fix this - Is it a problem with the Joystick, Stuck Valve, or Electrics?

Any help would be great - I can send pictures if you need them.

thanks,

P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Welcome pnm, there's a few on here should be able to help you. I deleted your duplicate post, system shouldn't let you do it but it happens now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

You're gonna have to strip off the housing below the joystick and get to the innards - one of the ball and cover joints will have separated - they have a little metal or plastic clip that keeps them joined. If they pop, the movement stop...newer ones are electrical and have switch arrays, your's will have rods and links. The back link will have popped.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Madmechanic

Do you know if your joystick is servo control or linkages? with a machine that old id say its linkages maybe 1 popped off does it feel different?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pnm

Do you know if your joystick is servo control or linkages? with a machine that old id say its linkages maybe 1 popped off does it feel different?

Thanks MadMechanic .

Its servo.

I checked the joystick today , and it was working okay. then I followed the pipes back from ram that wasn't opening, back to the chest valve.

I swapped around a few pipes there, but nothing happened, then I swapped the chest valve cylinder with another one. Now, it seems to work okay. And everything else working okay in the digger too. Its strange. Wonder can I get the chest cylinders re-done?

There is a problem (which was always in the machine since I got it, but is a little worse now), and that is , I can be driving away grand, everything working, when all of a sudden both joysticks stop working, and in order to get them goin again, I need to move the right track lever a little. Just a little touch does it, and then the joysticks start goin again, ,

Hi,

My mini digger is giving trouble , and I would like to fix it before the spring!

The problem was on it when I bought it, but is getting worst.

So, I can be working the digger away grand, everything working, when all of a sudden both joysticks stop working, and in order to get them goin again, I need to move the right track lever a little. Just a little touch does it, and then the joysticks start goin again for another while, and will then stop again until I move the right track lever again, and so on.

Would it be the chest valve cylinders? Can I get these re-done with new rubbers?

It would be great to sort this problem, as digger goin great otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

pnm, no need to start a separate thread for the a similar problem on the same machine, I've merged the threads.

You're problems are probably related, when was the last time you changed the hydraulic oil and filters?

101sean wrote: »
    pnm, no need to start a separate thread for the a similar problem on the same machine, I've merged the threads.

You're problems are probably related, when was the last time you changed the hydraulic oil and filters?

Thanks

They were changed about year and a half ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Strange that all is now working. My neighbour had a problem with the quick hitch on a Hitachi 120. It locked and wouldn't open. Brute force and ignorance eventually got the bucket off.Stfipped ram and changed seals to no avail. Swapped pipes round still no joy. Was ready to start stripping valve chest when he discovered a piece of plastic had somehow got into one feed pipes and was jamming and blocking where the pipe screwed onto the ram.

Advertisement