Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 Insignia Wheel Brace Location ?

Options
  • 27-12-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

I recently has cause to change the wheel on my 2011 insignia. It has one of those skinny rescue wheels as a spare with the tools and jack in a styrofoam holder in the centre of the wheel. When I took out the lot there was no wheel brace to loosen nuts or raise the jack. I got around the issue with the aid of a vice grips and an aldi breakdown kit.Later on when I examined the styrofoam there was no place or mould for a wheel brace.Am i missing something here i.e is it hidden in some other nook, of which there are plenty in the insignia, or is it gone missing ? other insignia owners please help

Thanks

Westy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Check Jack itself or under tray.

Possible lost if you can't see or find in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Its probably wrapped up in one of the recessed pockets on either side of the boot, I think it's the one on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It normally comes in a felt pouch and isn't part of the jack/screwdriver foam block bit

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

sorry this off of the topic, but does anyone know if a space saver spare wheel from an insignia will fit a bmw 5 series (e60) 03-09?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nope, the centre bore of the bmw is bigger so the hole in the middle of the opel wheel is smaller and won't go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Thanks Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

An update. Opel dealer locally wanted €30 for the jack handle kit bag as he called it. Tried a local breakers yard and got the complete kit..jack plus handle plus all small tools for €15. Chap had 3 opels in various states of dissaray. If I can find it you can have it !

Result.

westy

Advertisement