Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards should have a forum of the week

Options
  • 27-12-2014 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Might be very interesting and get some traffic to less visited forums on boards, like for example one week it could be Rock & Metal and the next week Mustard. Might help a load of folks discover new areas they didn't know existed, or interesting topics that they wouldn't have gone looking for on their own. :D

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Maybe next week it could be the Feedback forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Can only last so long until we are at the dreaded "Bus Enthusiasts" forum. It smells like wee and loneliness in there.

My nomination is the "Sheep" subforum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

For a site like Reddit, which has tens of thousands of sub-reddits and new ones added daily, it makes sense.

Boards is too small for it imo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think that's a great idea.

This could attract interest in some of the more obtuse/less well known forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Can only last so long until we are at the dreaded "Bus Enthusiasts" forum. It smells like wee and loneliness in there.

My nomination is the "Sheep" subforum.

We could combine the Sheep forum with the Mustard forum for some recipies ;)

Don't combine Sheep with Rock & Metal, the sheep wouldn't like what happens at a Gorgoroth concert :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Or better yet they could have a system where the most thanked post of the day in all of boards.ie is highlighted and everyone can see it....oh or better yet boards.ie could like rank posts by the amount of thanks they received on a given day. That would be cool.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Links234 wrote: »
    Don't combine Sheep with Rock & Metal

Sheep Purple

or

Flocksam and Jetsam

or

Black Sabaaaahth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Def Sheppard.

Woolly John Roth.