Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Week - A Drag or a Joy?

Options
  • 27-12-2014 9:58pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's that week between Christmas and the New Year and for some its a time to chill out after the excesses of Christmas Day, for others it's a time to meet up with friends and family that they haven't seen over the holidays. For others, it's a rather lonely time during this long week between the festivities.

How do AHers deal with this week? Go mad at the sales, chill out and take it easy, do sweet FA or make the most of the days off? And then there are some of us who are working this week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Just after a horrendously busy couple of months with both work and family issues so just chilling out now recharging the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Shift work. Same as any other week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Christmas week is my busiest in work so very little relaxing time.
    I also have 7 kids so it's been financially very stressful this year... But we got there in the end.
    I'm just looking forward now to a belly full of beer on Jan 1st (my fav day to go out) and a PS4 as a treat for myself when I get payed around the 7th Jan .... I think I deserve it, even if I do say so myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Shift work. Same as any other week for me.

First year in 15 years not working some part of this week due to shift work. Spending it in splendid isolation with family; thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I always feel quite maudlin this time of year. It really gets me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I always just make the most of the time off work. It's like any other time of year except the TV is worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I always feel quite maudlin this time of year. It really gets me down.

I always hated the way the papers and tv do reviews on the year gone. I very much believe in looking forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I'm quite partial to a bit of drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The Peanut wrote: »
    I always hated the way the papers and tv do reviews on the year gone. I very much believe in looking forward.

I actually like the year review things.I'd never buy the indo but they do good one,as do rte and sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

January first can't come soon enough. Love that feeling of waking up without a hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I arrived in work at 7am this morning and I'm just finished. So today sucked. I spent 7 hours in buses yesterday after visiting family. So it sucked.

I am however off for 3 days and I'm going to get drunk. See ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I wish they would wait until the year was actually over.
    True enough,but they are much better than the same crap movies that get turned out every Christmas,there's only so many times you can watch the effin snowman

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

A joy!!! spending the week chilling out, reading books, walking the dogs, basically just lazing about. love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Neither. Christmas day off but still had to field a few phone calls. Normal working week from now on.

Advertisement