Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waterless / rinsless detergent ?

Options
  • 27-12-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

In order to clean my cars headliner I need this waterless or rinsless detergent.

Where can I buy one ? Like can u get one in lidl or Supervalu or centra?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I cleaned the headliner in an old car with just normal detergent and a scrubbing brush, keep the brush damp not wet, it was summer when I did it but it shouldn't take too long to dry in winter. Car was owned by a smoker and I don't think that they ever opened the windows the stink of tobacco was into everything even had to take the seats out and scrub them and the carpet, but the headliner was the worst nearly pure tar over the drivers seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OscarWill

Del2005 wrote: »
    I cleaned the headliner in an old car with just normal detergent and a scrubbing brush, keep the brush damp not wet, it was summer when I did it but it shouldn't take too long to dry in winter. Car was owned by a smoker and I don't think that they ever opened the windows the stink of tobacco was into everything even had to take the seats out and scrub them and the carpet, but the headliner was the worst nearly pure tar over the drivers seat.

Hi,thanks for your help, but i still would like to stick to microfiber cloth and waterless detergent (for which I havent a clue where to get) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

OscarWill wrote: »
    Hi,thanks for your help, but i still would like to stick to microfiber cloth and waterless detergent (for which I havent a clue where to get) :(
    The only waterless cleaner I can think of is carpet cleaning powder but good luck trying that overhead. A can of foam upholstery cleaner is about as close a thing I can think of but you still need to wipe it off with a damp cloth. You can get that in many car accessory shops, motor factors, some supermarkets or online.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    The only waterless cleaner I can think of is carpet cleaning powder but good luck trying that overhead. A can of foam upholstery cleaner is about as close a thing I can think of but you still need to wipe it off with a damp cloth. You can get that in many car accessory shops, motor factors, some supermarkets or online.

I have upholstery cleaner but wasant sure is that the same thing, will give it a go tomorrow and let yous know how it go.

Thanks for your help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

OscarWill wrote: »
    I have upholstery cleaner but wasant sure is that the same thing, will give it a go tomorrow and let yous know how it go.

Thanks for your help guys
    As per the instructions, test an inconspicuous area for colour fastness.

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »
    As per the instructions, test an inconspicuous area for colour fastness.

How long I should leave it for to see if it damages the garment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might get broader suggestions by asking one of the moderators here to move this thread to the Car Detailing sub forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

Advertisement