Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance renewal

Options
  • 27-12-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering as ive never done it before.

My insurance is up in 3 weeks on my first policy and im wondering when would you usually get a letter of renewal? And when should i start ringing around for new quotes. Im hoping that i can actually shop around now with a full licence and a years NCB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Usually around 3-4 weeks before renewal. I would shop around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

thanks just wasnt sure. Ill do it the first week in Jan thatll give me like 2 weeks to find an insurer.

Can you tell me also have i to request my NCB cert or will my current insurer issue it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your NCB schedule will be issued with your renewal letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Hi just wondering as ive never done it before.

My insurance is up in 3 weeks on my first policy and im wondering when would you usually get a letter of renewal? And when should i start ringing around for new quotes. Im hoping that i can actually shop around now with a full licence and a years NCB.

I waited until my letter arrived a few weeks before renewal. Then just walked into a broker as you can see here. If you're in a position to do so, walk into a few places and walk away with a written quotation that'll they honour when you do renew your insurance.
    LawlessBoy wrote: »

Can you tell me also have i to request my NCB cert or will my current insurer issue it anyway

Your NCB cert will be at the end of your renewal letter.

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

sort of dragging an old thread up but thought it might be of use as i seen alot of insurance threads lately

Got my renewal in the post yesterday and i was actually pretty happy with the price of 1500 TPFT off of Asgard. Im 18, no penalty points, full ROI licence less then 1 year, 1 yr NCB on a 1.4 Bora.

After ringing around a few other places just to see if anyone can compete so far ive rang Aviva, Axa, FBD, 123 and liberty and the cheapest i can get off any of them for the same cover is 3500! Which is even more then i paid last year on a provisional with no experience!

Anyone else have any other names of companies i could ring to get a quote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Allianz, Zurich, your going to struggle to get any under 1500 until you have a full year NCB as a full licence holder, next year should be better.

To be honest i was actually really surprised it was that low was expecting something like 2000-2500. Suppose take what your given:P

Advertisement