Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reattaching rear window defroster tab?

Options
  • 27-12-2014 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey guys does anyone know how to attach a rear window defroster tab, it needs to connected by some conductive paste, does anyone know where I can get some and what type?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

You need this:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261652672172

or something similar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I got some recently in a local motor factors. About 25 euro for a bottle around the size of a nail polish bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Prenderb wrote: »
    I got some recently in a local motor factors. About 25 euro for a bottle around the size of a nail polish bottle.

I'd say the stuff you got was for rejoining broken lines. I spent a bit of time looking for this stuff 2 years ago. I eventually got it from America. Very similar to the permatex stuff posted above but with a little bottle of activator stuff with it. I made up a tab from 1mm sheet metal and repaired the back window of the missus's Yaris. It's still working perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'd say the stuff you got was for rejoining broken lines. I spent a bit of time looking for this stuff 2 years ago. I eventually got it from America. Very similar to the permatex stuff posted above but with a little bottle of activator stuff with it. I made up a tab from 1mm sheet metal and repaired the back window of the missus's Yaris. It's still working perfectly now.

I was concentrating on the "paste" side of things, rather than the "tab". Sorry for any confusion, OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

There is a guy on adverts called doc solder,he sells a conductive paste/glue that should do the job.I thinks its 5 euro..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

magentis wrote: »
    There is a guy on adverts called doc solder,he sells a conductive paste/glue that should do the job.I thinks its 5 euro..

Thank you!

Advertisement