Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

future proofing plumbing

Options
  • 27-12-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I have calculated the BTU for Downstairs- 105000 and upstairs- 50000. The rads look decent enough in place size wise even though they are 20 years old. the old exposed pipe work is copper going to the rads but vandalised and removed wherever it was possible for the feckers!

I am reinstating this and fitting a new cylinder and oil boiler high efficiency. I am thinking of along the lines of future proofing and putting a large stainless steel cylinder taking 4 elements- emersion,oil back boiler, multi fuel back boiler stove and future proofing for photo voltaic solar panels.

I have heard say that there is a new grant system coming in along the lines of the UK and de NOrth that you get a grant back every year depending on how many cells you have on your roof and can sell back to the grid! I know we are a bit behind in this country but heres hoping!

I am not sure what size stove to put in as the btu required for that open plan room (Kitchen come living is 42000BtU.

Any suggestions welcome at this planning stage of a better more efficient system than I am thinking?
    Cheers in advance!

Advertisement