Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European half experiences

Options
  • 27-12-2014 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm trying to pick a 70.3 distance race somewhere in Europe for next summer.

I've been looking at both Ironman and Challenge races, ideally I would like one thats easy to get to and doesn't require having to rent a car.

I'd love to hear peoples suggestions on races they have completed and their accessibility.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

A lot are sold out already. Mallorca 70.3 you'ed need a car, but its sold out anyway.

Tri an Mhi in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Lisboa half, no need for a car. Swim wont be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SingleGlazed

To be honest I have little interest in doing one in Ireland I would d rather combine the race with a few days abroad.

I was looking at the Challenge half's in Denmark and Germany if anyone has any experience of these in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lisbon, although not a branded event, is a fan favourite from here, early season half (May 2nd) and you won't need a car as swim start and transition is about 10-15 mins from the airport. Cheaper than the branded events and a nice city to lay up in for a few days after. (www.lisboatriathlon.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Was thinking about doing Challenge Rimini.. the Euro middle distance champs.. if I was to race abroad i'd try make a holiday out of it to get value for money/flights

• Advertisement
Advertisement