Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TEFL or similar abroad - Summer 2015

Options
  • 26-12-2014 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and a friend are looking to go teaching English abroad for the summer (i.e. June to August included). We're not too picky about making a high salary, but rather getting experience and some travel in. I've previously taught TEFL here in Ireland briefly and we both have TEFL qualifications.

I also speak a high-level of French and my friend would have a good level of Spanish, would anyone have any tips/advice on where we could look?
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Hi All,

Myself and a friend are looking to go teaching English abroad for the summer (i.e. June to August included). We're not too picky about making a high salary, but rather getting experience and some travel in. I've previously taught TEFL here in Ireland briefly and we both have TEFL qualifications.

I also speak a high-level of French and my friend would have a good level of Spanish, would anyone have any tips/advice on where we could look?
    :D

Would you be interested in working in the UK? There are tonnes of summer camps happening during those months.

With a lot of European countries, it can be tricky during the summer. France is a tricky place to find TEFL work at the best of times. And although there is plenty of work in Spain during the academic year, it can get quite competitive during the summer when teachers are competing to get hours. Having said that, if you keep an eye on www.tefl.com you can see if anything pops up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Would you be interested in working in the UK? There are tonnes of summer camps happening during those months.

With a lot of European countries, it can be tricky during the summer. France is a tricky place to find TEFL work at the best of times. And although there is plenty of work in Spain during the academic year, it can get quite competitive during the summer when teachers are competing to get hours. Having said that, if you keep an eye on www.tefl.com you can see if anything pops up.

I'd be open to heading pretty much anywhere really, would there be anywhere specific in the UK that would be good to look for this kind of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

I'd be open to heading pretty much anywhere really, would there be anywhere specific in the UK that would be good to look for this kind of work?

Over the next few months (between January and June), summer schools will start advertising on www.tefl.com, so just keep an eye out. A lot of positions tend to be on offer in places like London, Oxford, Cambridge, places in Surrey etc. A lot of them will have the option of living on residence too which could be handy if you don't want the hassle for searching for accommodation. A lot of schools are willing to do a Skype interview too.

Advertisement