Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dilemma...

Options
  • 26-12-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Cash truck sheds its load of cash as happened in Hong Kong yesterday what do you do ? Fill your boots or walk on by ?? It is thieft but i suspect alot of people would grab as much as they could. Link below.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30598317

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

What dilemma?

Money Angels FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Dilemma? The only dilemma for me would be where I'd get a roadsweeper quick enough to gather up a good heft chunks worth...and head for the hills..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

stimpson wrote: »
    What dilemma?

Money Angels FTW.

Funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

My first thought was to burnt it. Why? I don't know what's wrong with me.

The little bad fairy said that would be fun! Like smashy smashy.

But I would probably just walk on by....after rolling around in it for 20 mins, talking a selfie of it though and putting it on FB though. But yeah after rolling around naked in it and taking pics I wouldn't steal any.

I would write on one bill 'my boobs touched your money' to the person who gets it. But the answer is no I wouldn't take any of it. But I have a feeling the authorities would still want to have words with me about my behaviors.

I would be an odd lap dancer. Rub the money on my boobs then hand it back. Because MORALS!

But no I would walk by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

I was only filling my boots as part of my civic duty to stop the money being stolen by passersby filling their boots... I fully intended to return all five euros of it to the authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Honestly I'd grab as much of it as possible even though its theft. The insurance will pay for the loss and its better off me spending it than being stuck as more profit in their balance sheet.

It's something you see in a Hollywood film, I'd never do insurance fraud but I'd take as much of that as I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Finally my Dyson Hoover would be put to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

It happened in Fairview in Dublin about 20 years ago. There was chaos on the main road, and people jumped off buses and out of cars to grab the money. I don't believe much of the money was ever returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Take it, obviously. Anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar or a nun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My first thought was to burnt it. Why? I don't know what's wrong with me.

The little bad fairy said that would be fun! Like smashy smashy.

But I would probably just walk on by....after rolling around in it for 20 mins, talking a selfie of it though and putting it on FB though. But yeah after rolling around naked in it and taking pics I wouldn't steal any.

I would write on one bill 'my boobs touched your money' to the person who gets it. But the answer is no I wouldn't take any of it. But I have a feeling the authorities would still want to have words with me about my behaviors.

I would be an odd lap dancer. Rub the money on my boobs then hand it back. Because MORALS!

But no I would walk by.

^^^^
    :pac::pac::pac:

id take it I suppose....but would feel awlful guilty then afterwards and be afraid to spend it incase it was dud money or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Officer,I promise the money blew in the window of the car.....all 3 black bags full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I wouldn't take it. It's not mine and stealing is wrong. No need to complicate it more than that. It's not the right thing to do, so maybe we shouldn't do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

UCDVet wrote: »
    I wouldn't take it. It's not mine and stealing is wrong. No need to complicate it more than that. It's not the right thing to do, so maybe we shouldn't do it?

Cool. If it happens when we're walking on the same road, will you hold the black bag open for me? You won't need to take a penny, just hold the bag.

UCDVet wrote: »
    I agree. I won't steal any. But can I roll around nekkid in it for bit before I leave it alone like a good girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I agree. I won't steal any. But can I roll around nekkid in it for bit before I leave it alone like a good girl?

No. Because you are getting in the way of people who want to actually take it.

No. Because you are getting in the way of people who want to actually take it.
    Such unrestrained greed. Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

As Monopoly once taught me do pass go and collect a bank error in your favour, I would grab up as much as I could and blow it all on coke, hookers and lotto scratchers, and a bucket of KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I wouldn't even feel guilty taking it tbh. Who would I be hurting?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

I have to say if I found 20e on the pavement i would give it to charity. but in a situation like this I could not pass no way jose. I would fill my boots to overflowing and it wouldnt cause me a thought

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'd remember the words of St. Augustine: "Lord make me virtuous, but not yet".

• Advertisement
Advertisement