Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I really back on here?

Options
  • 26-12-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi guys,

Paul O'Leary from Rebel Martial Arts Studio Cork City.

I was a member here a long time ago under username pma-ire or something like that? But moved on from all forum activity some years ago.

I am looking for a thread to post my intro and short bio as way in letting people know who I am and who they are talking to etc. ?

If this thread is in breach of any rules, then I'd be glad to remove it ;-)

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

1B. Creating an account to simply advertise your club whether it be genuine or not, will result in your thread being deleted and you treated as a spammer - Banned for either a number of weeks or permenently. Boards.ie is not a directory. It is known however that members who contribute to the forum in a constructive manner may advertise their events and their clubs if such a martial art is being sought by a poster.

That's the bit of the charter that is relevant to you. The main thing is that you don't treat this place like a directory where you post ads and then never reply. In general though if you want people to know who you are, you should do that through taking part in discussions, and you are more than welcome to start a discussion as long as it is not focused solely on your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 paulol

That's the bit of the charter that is relevant to you. The main thing is that you don't treat this place like a directory where you post ads and then never reply. In general though if you want people to know who you are, you should do that through taking part in discussions, and you are more than welcome to start a discussion as long as it is not focused solely on your club.

Hi Doug,

thanks for that.

i was a member of this section well before the mma part was separated from this section. never in my life have i actually got a member from posting on a forum :-)

just here for martial arts chit chat and mental sparring so to speak :-P

on other forums i have been part of, there have been sections for people to introduce themselves. i was just wondering if i was being rude by walking in and pulling up a chair without jumping up and kicking out a lightbulb so to speak :-D

p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi Paul, I remember you and welcome back.

The place is pretty much dead compared to how it used to be.

Can't say much more than that really.

Hi Paul, I remember you and welcome back.

The place is pretty much dead compared to how it used to be.

Can't say much more than that really.

hey makikomi,

i have noticed that :)

maybe we can help spark it up again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cletus

Hi Paul, I remember when you posted as pma-ire, the split in the forums seems to have all but killed off the ma&sd. I drop in occasionally but rarely come across a thread with good discussion. Mostly it's people looking for a club, equipment, or advertising an event.

Welcome back though

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    Hi Paul, I remember when you posted as pma-ire, the split in the forums seems to have all but killed off the ma&sd. I drop in occasionally but rarely come across a thread with good discussion. Mostly it's people looking for a club, equipment, or advertising an event.

Welcome back though

hey cletus, i do indeed remember your username :)

there does seem to be a lot of people still looking at threads though.

maybe we can spark off some interest ;)

Advertisement