Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and worst presents Christmas 2014

Options
  • 26-12-2014 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

what were the best and worst presents you received this Christmas.
    I recieved PS4(best) onesie(worst I'm a male BTW)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

was it a blue onesie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Best was a jumper. Worst was a jumper.

Just realised I only got a jumper. Ah well, its a sweet jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Best was a suitcase with pink rabbits on it from my friend.
    Worst was a bottle of Chilean Merlot from the BIL. I fooking hate Chilean Merlot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Best was a phone, there were no bad ones :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

No one has ever bought me a onesie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

A paint by numbers with two colors! Just red and yellow.
    I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I kid you not.

Painting in ternary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm still trying to work out if a make up mirror with lights is very useful or not useful at all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Best was a suitcase with pink rabbits on it from my friend.
    Worst was a bottle of Chilean Merlot from the BIL. I fooking hate Chilean Merlot.
    Make a bolognaise with it. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Was Given a Dildo once,,,, I'm a Bloke, maybe it was a hint

21/25

• Advertisement

I kid you not.

It'd be awesome if the numbers were something unexpected, like No 3 and No 3578756763, although I'm not sure why. It just would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

what were the best and worst presents you received this Christmas.
    I recieved PS4(best) onesie(worst I'm a male BTW)

I got nothing, I would have killed for a onesie.

Don't be so ungrateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

(best)My J1 to New York or Myrtle Beach paid for...(worst) The ninja socks my mam got me that had grip on the bottom of them :( I was so sad I couldn't do some Elvis slides throughout my hallway... And even though my mam had given me so much she felt sorry when I told her about how I couldn't Elvis Presley through the sitting room!! Love that women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

At least I didn't get Stenhiser earphones

efb wrote: »
    At least I didn't get Stenhiser earphones

Sennheiser's are in no way bad headphones! probably some of the best headphones you can get if you pay the money they are worth!

A cheap plastic Christmas decoration. Who buys decorations as a present?

At what point did they think "oh look! Torment would love this".

It actually annoyed me somewhat considering the thought Id put into theirs and hoping that they'd like it while opening it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

PhilBill wrote: »
    Sennheiser's are in no way bad headphones! probably some of the best headphones you can get if you pay the money they are worth!

There's a thread on here about some one getting them and whining as he will never use them.....ungrateful barsteward

There's a thread on here about some one getting them and whining as he will never use them.....ungrateful barsteward

Ungrateful Prick! I just broke my 2 Euro EuroCity headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

I kid you not.

And what was the worst present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

PhilBill wrote: »

I know I was referencing the ungrateful b thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

My Mrs loves clothes
    So she bought me clothes
    I hate getting clothes as presents
    Next year I'm going to buy her Sennheiser headphones
    That'll teach her

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

I got a phone which was badly needed. didn't get any worst presents. perfume, stuff for my camera, books, makeup , restaurant vouchers, money. And actually treated myself to sienheiser headphones, awaiting their arrival currently. laughing at the other thread on them, lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Best present-my Louis Vuitton handbag from my husband! Worst-the one that didn't arrive in the post from my sister in the UK. Ah well, still have something to look forward to i suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Best was a Garmin forerrunner 10 and a Dune purse.
    Maybe not the worst present as such but I'm not a fan of cream/bath sets so I'll recycle that at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I recieved a stupid apple computer even though there's like 4 computers in the house already.. computer has been returned lol

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I didn't get any bad presents this year. Usually I'd never consider a present 'bad', just maybe not something I'd necessarily want. However one year I got a really bad one and it stands out in its crapness. It was from a friend of mine, and she bought a pair of the ugliest old-lady-looking slippers ever. The ugliness wouldn't have bothered me as much, but it was the fact that she bought them in a size 4. I'm a size 7 and she knew that because she borrowed shoes from me before and we're the same size. :(

Toots wrote: »
    I didn't get any bad presents this year. Usually I'd never consider a present 'bad', just maybe not something I'd necessarily want. However one year I got a really bad one and it stands out in its crapness. It was from a friend of mine, and she bought a pair of the ugliest old-lady-looking slippers ever. The ugliness wouldn't have bothered me as much, but it was the fact that she bought them in a size 4. I'm a size 7 and she knew that because she borrowed shoes from me before and we're the same size. :(

I'd take the fact that she bought them in a size four as a compliment. A size 7 women, Sheeeeeshhhh D:

Joking of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Best was fifty quid fromy aunt. Worst was not even getting so much as a card from 90% of the rest of my immediTe family

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The worst, Tickets to foo fighters in slane from the OH. I don't like the foo fighters.

Best present was the smile on my son's face Christmas day playing with his toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

Last year got tickets to War of the Worlds....

Brilliant! But almost a whole year to wait.... Not on until November. That just sucks.

Then the show was canceled a couple weeks before show date - cash went back to buyer - so I ended up with nothing at all after waiting 10 months :(

“Roll it back”

Advertisement