Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life is like a box of chocolates

Options
  • 26-12-2014 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

...you never know what your going to get.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Sometimes you pick one up thats millimeter-thin chocolate on the outside and sh1t all the way to the centre

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

They normally have instructional leaflets telling you exactly which one you're going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You do if they're Quality Street,they're all overly sweet and taste the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Life is like a chocolate bar - you never know what the oul' wan' is gonna get ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I know what I'm gonna get....the chocolates that are left that nobody wants after all the nice nutty and caramel ones have been devoured.

Every goddamn year.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It gets regifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I don't recall being handed a little piece of paper with details of events that will happen in my life, whereas in a box of chocolates you know exactly what you get unless some little bollox of an employee put the wrong wrappers on the chocolates just to mess with your head and you end up eating a turkish delight chocolate that you weren't meant to eat because you're allergic to them but you didn't know you were allergic to them because mammy and daddy never brought you to the doctors when you were a kid to check what you were allergic to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Surely one just consults the helpful guide on the inside of the lid to ascertain exactly which chocolate type one is "going to get"?

And yet I always get coffee. Even when all odds should be against this. And every fibre of my being hates every thing - taste - and smell - related to coffee.

It simply is not fair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Well said son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

*you're

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I got brandy chocolates, I'm sucking the brandy out and spitting them in the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well, a box of Maltesers is full of Maltesers...

Advertisement