Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving address on casual JSA and being means tested??

Options
  • 25-12-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm on casual JSA and just moved address so am now in a different social welfare office. I was told over they phone all I needed to was call into the new social welfare office with proof of address & ID.I brought along a new utility bill and ID.

When i went in the inspector said oh your overdue now for a means test as It'd been two years so now she wanted a copy of my lease, a form for my employer to fill in and 3 months bank statements.

I don't have a lease as I'm renting a room but the other documents should be fine.

What will they say if I don't produce one?Its typical as its only because I moved they're looking into my claim.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

No it's not only because you moved, that was just the trigger as they said it was due anyway.

You can't produce what you don't have so produce sonething in regards to proof of address.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks I already gave them a UPC bill when I went in so thought it strange that she said we need a copy of your lease.

I was never asked for it when I originally applied at my old address

Also they want to know who I live with and earnings. My house mate is very private and doesn't want me giving out that info so what do I do?

Thanks

Advertisement